Best town to shop for wedding dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Helpful sister Posts: 1
Hey My sister has just announced that she has got engaged!! Exciting times ahead as its our first family wedding. The only thing is she lives in New Zealand and is currently home for two weeks. We were thinking of going shopping just to have some fun trying and also for my mam as chances are she will get her dress in NZ. We are in the midlands so where would be the best town/area to go too??? Thanks in advance
pinkunicorn Posts: 585
Definitely try drogheda, there are 4-5 shops - frilly frocks, edel tuite, ophelia, protocol and another one I cant remember. They are all very close together and when I went with my mum and sister we just parked the car and walked from one appointment to the other with some coffee breaks and lunch in between. Just space your appointments out through the day.
MadWoman2013 Posts: 528
I second Drogheda... The other one is The Bridal Studio!!
OC2B2013 Posts: 92
I also give Drogheda a vote :) I park up in Scotch Hall everytime I'm up - handy & reasonable for parking and close to everything. Also it has loads of lovely little coffee shops etc for refueling between shops :) Really exciting times - enjoy it all!