Best way to book New York flight& hotel?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gemini chica Posts: 2581
My head is wreck looking up websites, and wondering can anyone advise on how they booked NY was it through a particular website or a travel agent?
streaks Posts: 3592
We booked out flights through aer lingus,then booked our hotel ( Hilton garden inn times square) directly through the hotel website. They do a great advance purchase rate, hotel is in an excellent location and has everything u need! Highly ranked on tripadvisor aswell! Otherwise, maybe get a quote from trailfinders and tour America and compare prices! Hth :wv
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I booked directly with the airline, much preferred Delta to Aer Lingus. Usually stay in an apartment as it is much cheaper than the hotels. pm if you want any info. Otherwise you could try using travel counsellors, booked honeymoon with them, they seem to get a very good price.
vidia Posts: 2960
We booked independently also, Delta and Continental are worth checking out, (We went Cork, London, NY). The earlier you book the flights, the better, as they tend to escalate the price closer to the departure date.. We stayed in the Hilton Times Square as well, it is fab, but there are budget NY sites where you can find much cheaper accom. It you're bringing your children, an apartment might be better!!
Thanks for the replies girls, defo not bringing the kids!!!
vidia Posts: 2960
[quote="gemini chica":2ek85fl3]Thanks for the replies girls, defo not bringing the kids!!![/quote:2ek85fl3] Good woman :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
dymo2 Posts: 787
we find contiental much better aer lingus is always very expensive.second travel councellr we use sara mc carthy
streaks Posts: 3592
Was often tempted to book with delta/continental but do they not use smaller planes and have more stopovers? If that was the case I'd prefer to pay the extra for a bit of comfort and convenience :-8
[quote="dymo2":2acq81os]we find contiental much better aer lingus is always very expensive.second travel councellr we use sara mc carthy[/quote:2acq81os] Sorry to sound dim but whats a travel counsellor, is it like a travel agent but they just work for themselves? As I live in Spain do you think I could still contact one? Flights are more difficult for me as no direct flights so makes it way more complicated. Can't get Delta to give me anything for my searches!
Kaycee Posts: 2107
[quote="lilmrsgiggles":37btr51e]Was often tempted to book with delta/continental but do they not use smaller planes and have more stopovers? If that was the case I'd prefer to pay the extra for a bit of comfort and convenience :-8[/quote:37btr51e] delta and continental fly direct to new york and continental and delta are a lot of the time superior to aer lingus, plane wise