Best way to get from Heuston to Dublin airport

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pluto Posts: 3893
Flying out from Dublin for our hols in a few weeks and we are half thinking of getting the train up. How long would it take in a taxi? We've to be in the airport for around 3pm, so we'd be travelling in between lunchtime and evening rush hour traffic. Also, what would be the cost approx? I'm just wondering is it worth it, or would it be easier to just drive up. Flying from Cork to Dublin isn't an option because the only flight up on the day is in the morning so we'd be in Dublin airport for hours before our flight. Another thing putting me off is hauling the luggage around the train station and keeping an eye on it on the train. Any advice is welcome! :thnk
aylala Posts: 3673
I know some of the girls I work with use the shuttlebus to the airport and its €6 I think and they always find it handy enough, a taxi might be around €30/40
pluto Posts: 3893
Does a shuttle leave from Heuston, Aylala?
*gone* Posts: 4785
http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/vi ... ?route=748
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/vi ... ?route=748
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
Madgie Just checked ryanair sight and they fly to dublin, now and they seem to have a few flights a day so maybe that might be an alternative
ginger nut Posts: 5989
what about taking the aircoach from cork to the airport? could be a longish trip but between getting to train station in cork, taking train, getting from train to airport it mightn't work out that much different in journey times.
aylala Posts: 3673
[quote="Madgie":1d8e7icb]Does a shuttle leave from Heuston, Aylala?[/quote:1d8e7icb] It does indeed Madgie goes up the quay and onto airport, its handy enough I used it once myself
WonderWol Posts: 2927
We flew Ryan Air and they did have a good few flights and they were cheaper than the train.
*gone* Posts: 4785
I'd get a Ryanair flight up ... at least you'll be straight to the airport and if you are in plenty of time you can relax and have a bevvie before you fly out. They work out fairly cheap and go regularly from Cork. If you are going by train, the new trains on the Cork-Dublin route are lovely & comfy, you can pre-book your seats online so no rushing to grab a seat, and there is plenty of luggage room. You can store your bags between the seats as well if you are worried about people interfering with them (as in, where two seats are back to back, there is luggage space underneath them)