Betting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Duchess Snow Posts: 2348
Ok need some help here please. I know nothing about betting and with the week thats in it how do you place a bet and what do the terms e.g. each way mean? Cheers guys
frogmella Posts: 1264
I am simple when it comes to betting. When I first started going out with h2b we went in to a bookies and he was putting on a bet. I had never been in one before. I was watching what he was writing and he put "Red Rum €10 e/w" (each way) and dopey says "Oh my god do you have to put your initials on it (Eoin Whelan) He laughed his heart out of the bookies!! I didn't really get it
[quote="sheleoin":2rffn1vn]I am simple when it comes to betting. When I first started going out with h2b we went in to a bookies and he was putting on a bet. I had never been in one before. I was watching what he was writing and he put "Red Rum €10 e/w" (each way) and dopey says "Oh my god do you have to put your initials on it (Eoin Whelan) He laughed his heart out of the bookies!! I didn't really get it[/quote:2rffn1vn] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
M2B Posts: 107
Hi ya Duchess, Betting is generally simple if you don't go overboard and stick to single or doubles. (one horse - single, two horses - double) If a horses odds are 4/1 and you place ten euro to win (on the nose) if your horse comes in first you will get forty euro plus your stake back = 50 euro. If your put 10 euro each way and your horse comes second or third (each way winners depend on number of horses in the race) you will get back 3.33 plus your twenty euro stake. The above is for single bets only. Double bets are where you place a bet on two horses (from different races) both have to come somewhere or you get no money. A good rule for a double is to place your bet each way especially if the odds are short or you are not sure your choice is a "banker". I had a look at tomorrows race cards and I will be placing the following bet (double): 14.00 Silverburn 5/1 15.15 Well Chief 5/4 If you are in a bookies and are unsure what way to fill out your betting slip ask the cashier to do it for you, telling them exactly what kind of bet you want and what your stake is. Hope this is of some help to you O-O
thanks a million for that so the horse i put the money on each way today came third and that means i will get something back??
Yes you will get a return from third place. Well done! :thnk
M2B thanks a million for that the girl in shop filled it out for me so i was too embarressed to ask how would i know if i won :eek Now for the final silly question what do i do to get my money? :o0
M2B thanks a million for that the girl in shop filled it out for me so i was too embarressed to ask how would i know if i won :eek Now for the final silly question what do i do to get my money? :o0
Bring your betting slip into the bookies where you placed the bet and hand it to cashier :o)ll :o)ll
cheers again :wv