Beware new car scheme...........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

rio Posts: 995
BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING WIDELY USED!!! Girls - be careful Boys - let the girls in your life know Be aware of a new hi-jacking scheme. Here's what they do: You return to your car left in a car park, unlock your car and get inside, start the engine and shift into REVERSE and when you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you either switch off the car or leave the engine running and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view . . . When you reach the back of the car that is when the hi-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off! The door was unlocked, your keys were in the ignition, maybe the engine was running, (ladies will probably have left their handbag, with their purse, mobile phone etc; in the car) and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. A purse contains all identification, and you certainly do NOT want anyone getting your home address. They already have your keys! Should this happen to you, just drive away and remove the piece of paper that is stuck to your window later . . . and be thankful that you read this email. If you think appropriate, forward this to all your friends and family . . . especially women!
Heflen Posts: 4050
Anyone who is stupid enough to fall for that, deserves to have their car stolen
Calendar Girl Posts: 567
Jeez I hope you never fall of that Pedestal of yours :roll:
No pedestal here, just a hatred for chain emails that pass themselves off as 'GENUINE!!!!' Is it a Garda press release? From the Rape Crisis centre perhaps? No, it's a chain email that has no basis in fact
Gerbera Posts: 539
Emmab2b07, whether this is a chain mail or not it is something that could very easily happen to someone and for that you were right to post it! Anything like this that would make you stop and think in this kind of situation is always worth noting.....despite the chance that Heflen mightn't appreciate it. :roll:
Calendar Girl Posts: 567
Fore warned is fore armed! Even if it is a “Chain” email at least it makes you aware and around this time of year everybody is a little off guard, and if it makes somebody even think for a second about safety surely that’s worth a read and a post?
[quote:15psciuw]Fore warned is fore armed! Even if it is a “Chain” email at least it makes you aware and around this time of year everybody is a little off guard, and if it makes somebody even think for a second about safety surely that’s worth a read and a post?[/quote:15psciuw] Absolutely. Equally though, if people are going to post Chain Emails from America, I'm perfectly entitled to comment on them. Are you entitled to then insult me because I commented on a chain email?
Nobody insulted you Heflen!
[quote:e9kvr82d]Nobody insulted you Heflen![/quote:e9kvr82d] The Dolphin implied I had myself on a pedestal after my fair comment on the Chain mail
[quote:3lrb0a9k]The Dolphin implied I had myself on a pedestal after my fair comment on the Chain mail[/quote:3lrb0a9k] :lol: Hardly an insult now is it?