Beware wollies, Don't buy this make up!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

glowgal29 Posts: 11
There is a girl selling make up called Victoria Jackson calling to offices in Sandyford right now, I didn't buy anything but I googled them afterwards and was glad I didn't! See below link. She said its mineral make up but its all lies by the look of it, Make Up made in China, cheap & nasty. [url][/url]
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I'm one of those annoying people who says "if it seems to good to be true it probably is." I always get my skincare and make up from a proper stockist. I'd never risk it. There are a few scammers on Ebay aswell.
LastRolo Posts: 6892
+1 I've heard about Victoria Jackson years ago The salespeople came into my office and gave me loads of names of who used it, etc Again, buy your skincare from reputuable stockists
soulful Posts: 1697
and there's people on facebook selling FAKE MAC make up. Ebay is awash with it. Nobody knows where it comes from or what it is made of. God knows how many harmful chemicals/toxins are in it. I already exposed on of the girls selling it on facebook and she blocked me 2 days ago!!! Better off saving up for the real thing, expensive but at least you know its tried and tested
lux Posts: 6270
Like has been said, if MAC foundation costs €32, if you're buying it for a fraction is not the real thing. I worked in fashion for a couple of major designers and every week we'd have people in complaining about faulty goods-they were ALL fakes they'd bought online from ebay. They were convinced it was possible to buy a Chanel or Dior bag for €50-eh hello, do you think you're getting the real deal? Think about it, why would any company sell below the normal retail cost (unless in a sale) on ebay when people pay full price in stores and the bag doesn't break after a week. Don't get ripped off!
Exactly - if it sounds to good to be true, it usually is
cupcakebabe Posts: 2232
A few years ago i got suckered with VIctoria Jackson make up. It DESTROYED my face for about a month and i only wore it once!! It totally dried out my face and it was nearly burned looking for weeks it was really sore. About a year later another lady came back selling the same stuff and ill tell you she couldnt wait to get out of the building i gave her such a hard time!
Ah my god, what did you use that gave you such a reaction? I think my mam bought some of the Victoria Jackson eyeshadows a couple of years ago..
BiaBlasta Posts: 1002
Oh, I am one of those silly people that fell for this. A very nice girl sold me some a couple of years ago, she was definitely a great sales person. Didn't buy the foundation though, just a couple of eye shadows, they weren't great at all and I ceratinly wont be buying any more.
Muse Posts: 1580
I constantly have 2 girls calling to my office to try and sell me this stuff. I never buy anything from a door-to-door salesperson, but thanks for the heads up.