Menu

Beyond C25k?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BusyBee29 Posts: 368
Just wondering if any of ye have gone beyond c25k? I have completed the prog a few times and have been thinking what to do next!
peacockgirl Posts: 1312
Sorry I have never done the C25K program but I did start out intermittently walking and jogging using songs on my ipod - walk for 1, jog for 1 at first, after that I would walk for 1 and jog for 2 songs, then I worked it up to jogging for all 10 songs, then up to 14 songs until eventually I was running up to between 7-9km a few times a week. The next natural progression for me was to sign up for a 10km run and pick a time that I wanted to beat. I did my first ever one the week before my wedding and I did it in a time of 53 mins so I was delighted with that. I have done 2 more 10 km races since then and have managed to beat my time. It has fallen a little by the wayside in recent months so I am trying to get back on the bandwagon. I have signed up as a runner for the women's mini marathon in June and I am considering doing the Great Ireland Run in the Phoenix Park on April 14th as well - although I don't know if I've done enough training for that tbh. I have a smart tv in my living room and recently discoverd that I can youtube fitness videos for free. I just did the Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Boost Metabolism Workout and it is AMAZING (and FREE). It is 55 mins long and so intense but definitely doable. Feel great after it. So I suppose my advice is push yourself further by signing up for a race or something? Sorry if that was no help... good luck. :)
Littleoeuf Posts: 131
I think signing up for races is a really good idea. See if there's any 5 miles or 10kms on near you - it's great to have something ot work towards. If you're looking for another programme to following might be worth having a look at the Hal Higdon website. He has lots of programmes for all levels - whether you're looking to do the distance for the first time or looking to improve your time. I followed his helf marathon one a few years back and found that it gave me good structure, knowing when I should be hitting what distances etc. Best of luck! http://www.halhigdon.com/training/
BusyBee29 Posts: 368
Thanks for replies. I supposed I could try and sign up for a few races. It's amazing how quickly fitness can improve. Just want to keep it up!! Will have a look for the Jillian Michels DVD! I