BFP - but not happy about it - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sphynx Posts: 6795
Hey there, I can relate to what you're saying too, even though we were trying really hard for a BFP v. soon after a m/c. Despite that, we both still had very ambiguous feelings about it when it came so soon - delighted, relieved, terrified, most definitely not excited. Is it possible that you're not unhappy about this but rather just afraid to be happy and comparing it to the excitement of the last time around? That's how I was anyway. I still don't feel excited - I feel very content being pregnant and very glad indeed that it didn't take too long to happen. But I'm still afraid something could go wrong and the awfulness of the m/c has really subdued any excitement I would normally be feeling. All I can say is that the awful gnawing worry eased up for me big time once I got past 12 weeks and getting past the point where I miscarried last time was also a huge marker. It's true what they say that every pregnancy is different and all you can do is take one day at a time. DH and I were also very honest with each other about our feelings about this pregnancy, which was hard (hard to hear from DH that he didn't want to get too attached early on) but got us through the hardest part. It is difficult being pregnant while grieving for a lost little one. At the same time, being pregnant again is a great comfort and it forces you to be a little bit hopeful again. We're all here to listen when you need us and the new Lost Angels forum is a godsend. Mind yourself. :xxx
round two Posts: 1018
Hi Kas, I had a M/C in december and got a positive in February and have to admit was very dubious about it at first and didn't even really talk about it for the first few weeks cause I just wanted to get beyond where I was with the original. I am now well on my well and nearly at the half way mark and I am just so thrilled and happy with this. I just keep the belief that my first little muchkin was justy not meant for this world and I hope that they are watching over their little brother or sister. Congrats and I will keep you in my prayers for the next 3 weeks and hope that then you can reveal yourself and feel happier at your wonderful news
twinssep Posts: 1242
kas congrats on your bfp its only naturaal to feel this way hun i hope u will be ok and just think this little one has a guardian angel watching it
jen2 Posts: 3106
I know you may not want to hear it, but congrats on your BFP. I was very nervous too, when I got BFP. Now I was delighted, but still very nervous. You really just want to get past that marker from before. You are right to take it one day at a time. I wish you all the best pet, and hopr it works out for you. Jen2