BFP confirmed by Doc

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs wobbles Posts: 17
Got BFP confirmed by Doc on Sat - alternating between being excited and scared stiff! H2B is like a little kid, he can't wait says he feels like a daddy already! Going by Doc I am about 8 weeks gone now - due 21st Nov but am going to wait for scan for definite date. Am due back with Doc next week to go through everything properly. When will I get the dtae for my scan? Do I get it from Doc or do I have to go through hospital? I don't think its goin feel "real" until I see babs on screen. Can't wait to tell everyone, am going to burst soon with my news. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
ginger nut Posts: 5989
congratulations to both of you :o)ll - such exciting news. My GP confirmed pregnancy and did a physical exam (lungs, heart, tummy, weight :eek , blood pressure). Have appointment to see him again in early may. You'll have to make your own appointment with hospital for scan etc. where are you thinking of going? I had hoped to go to Holles street but couldn't get appointment with any of the consultants (apparently November is a "busy time" for having babies - have to admit got a bit sarky with the girl and asked her could she tell me when was a good time to have a baby) So i went with the Rotunda instead - first appointment is May 28th which seems an age away. Best of luck and congrats again
Mrs. Taz Posts: 1216
congratulations So exciting :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
mrs wobbles Posts: 17
OMG Didn't really think I'ld have to organise scan. Do I need to get a referral from GP? Should I wait until I go back to her next week to do this? I so haven't got a clue about anything.... All my GP did on Sat was check my blood pressure, although to be fair I did sneak into Emergency Only (!!) surgery so she was proberly just trying to get rid Either going to Kilkenny or Waterford Hospital
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
ah thats great congrats hun
Poppit Posts: 2042
Ah congratulations. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy *)
Spice Bride Posts: 558
Congrats. Wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months. Ring your doc back and ask his/her advice (or the receptionist's) on what to do re scan. I booked in direclty with a consultant but not sure what the procedure is if you're going public, if you are.
noon Posts: 229
Congratulations Mrs Wobbles. Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy.
MrsNoc05 Posts: 1823
Congrats Mrs Wobbles - hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months, actually 32 weeks !!!
Sleep Monster Posts: 2829
Congrats to you Mrs Wobbles, best of luck for the next 9 months!! :xxx