Big bump ladies - how do you feel about it?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

katiebaby78 Posts: 679
So I'm here over half way through my 2nd pregnancy and once again I've a huge bump. My last child wasnt big, wasnt even 8lbs but I tend to carry very pointy. As soon as a pee'd on a stick this time I was showing. I'm not much different size wise to last time but I'm tending to try conceal it more to avoid unwanted comments. Don't get me wrong, I'm delighted to be pregnant and all but I'm a woman with feeling after all and who likes to look nice. I met a neighbour the other day and she asked when I was due, I said I've another 3/4 months to go and she said she thought I was due. Charming!! Just wondering how other big bump ladies are coping!!!
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
i'm the very same Katie, as soon as i hit around the 20 week mark i had a sizable bump & now i could easily pass for "due any day now"! A girl at work recently announced she is pg too & is only a week behind me & she is barely starting to show now. All the lads were like oh my god she's only a week behind Dot & you wouldn't have guessed & Dot has a fine bump on her :-8 I was the same on dd though, got big quickly at the start & stayed big then throughout. The joys of being a short arse :o0
Downton Posts: 314
Oh Katie I had a HUGE bump, it bothered me for a while when people were saying ooh your not due for another 3 months, your huge, etc etc but I quickly got over it and embraced the bump by wearing clothes to show it off, I figured it might be the last time I have a bump :-( so I ended up ignoring comments about my size and just enjoyed being pregnant, between baby and fluid I lost 20 lbs in child birth, now all I hear is how I've gotten my figure back so quickly, honestly people are just obsessed!!! Actually dot what annoyed me most was people commenting how tiny other pregnant women were compared to me, like x is due around the same time as you and you wouldn't even know she was pregnant etc!!
katiebaby78 Posts: 679
Thanks ladies! Don't get me wrong I'm not ungrateful that I'm pregnant or any such thing but I am a woman with feeling at the end of the day. This will be my last pregnancy, don't think I could go through another 9 months. It was always going to be 2 and by the looks of things we'll have one of each. I just can't wait to meet my baby and get back into normal clothes!
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
Downton i got the very same comments after having dd about losing the baby weight so quick! I think people are OBSESSED with passing comments on bumps, big, small, sticky out bumps whatever! Its like just cos you are pregnant it gives people the right to comment, regardless of whether its a compliment or not :duh: :o0 Must say i do love being pregnant though, as "huge" as i am :o0
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I'm a big bump lady too! Sometimes it is annoying when people are surprised I'm not due till October. I have been showing since 12 weeks and have a proper bump now. On my last pregnancy I didn't have a bump this big till around 30 weeks, at my scan last week it was noted that I have excess amniotic fluid which accounts for the slightly larger bump so it's nice to have a reason for it but overall I just try embrace the bump and wear clothes to show it off, who cares what anyone else says as long as my baby is healthy. If people didn't have my big bump to comment on I am sure they'd find something else :o0
hairdye Posts: 1129
My bump was huge by the end as I had loads of amniotic fluid. If people commented on how big my bump was I just pretended to misinterpret what they said and usually replied with "Oh thanks for saying I look well, I feel great, thanks!" This usually forced them into saying that I did look great and then they shut up! I found it hard to get used to my bump in the earlier stages when it started growing. I then just embraced it and loved my maternity clothes and dressing my bump. I miss my bump now! Can't wait to have another one!
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
I am only 13 weeks and already look like I did around 20 weeks with my DS and 16/17 weeks with my DD. With my DS I found it very hard as it was my first and I wasn't used to people commenting and did take it hard hearing how huge I was! With my DD I got fine bump but no weight any where else comments so God knows what people will say this time. I always seem to have a mega bump though and just this morning I was considering not wearing a fitted top cos I said it looks like I have a beer belly at this stage and not that I am pregnant but then I thought, like the rest of you, F*ck 'em! this is my last pregnancy also, please god all goes well and I want to enjoy it and embrace it and if people want to stare or comment so be it! Enjoy it, I bet you look fab xxx
DM09 Posts: 261
I feel huge (am 31 weeks) and have felt huge for the past 7-8 weeks. DH says that he thinks I look the same or smaller than other 2 pregnancies. I think he is just being nice to me as I think that loads of people are asking me when baby is due. I think they expect me to say 'next week' rather than 9/10 weeks.
Calm sea Posts: 247
Im 18 weeks tomorrow (ignore my sticker..too lazy to change it!) On my first pregnancy, I had pre eclampsia but suffered bad swelling from about 30 weeks...to this day my friends remind me of how big I was! It really bothers me. On this pregnancy one of my friends said..oh youre still quiet small but you will get huge and we will be sure to tell you! I nearly died...Might I just point out Im usually a size 10/12 and this friend in particular is a size 18/20! I was mad to say..well im pregnant whats your excuse, but two wrongs don't make a right. I just bit my tongue and said nothing. But as a result I am not embracing my bump like the last time and wearing baggy clothes and trying to hide...I know that's not right either but when your feelings are hurt...they are hurt! Rant over!