big day recommendations!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

missamy Posts: 29
Hi girls, well our day is done and dusted and just wanted to suggest some of our suppliers that we were so happy with. Dress- Say I Do, Midleton Cork. Went with a stunning pronovias gown and the girls were so helpful. Organised seamstress before we even knew we needed one and can't recommend enough! Amazing! Make up-Sheer beauty in Mitchelstown. Great fun with them in the day, so reasonable and so pro. All the girls chipped in to ensure we got out with plenty of time. Excellent products and lasted until the sweaty hours of the dance floor (lol!!) Flowers-Molly Blossoms in Cahir. Gorgeous arrangements, fresh flowers, provided lanterns and transformed our church incredibly. Loved loved Loved our decor. Music-the highlight! Aoife O Neill from Cork (but now based in Tipperary I Think) did the church and we were all in tears before we walked down. Even my dad was choked up and he's the rock of the family. Very organised and knows her trade to a tee. Fab musician. We went with her band The Papa Zittas for evening music. What a bunch... At one stage they were standing On tables with choreographed moves. Learned our first dance to a tee, everyone up dancing. What more do you want!!! Once we get our video and photos back I will return with reviews for the guys. They were excellent in the day though and gents to deal with. Happy booking to all brides. Sad my days over but wouldn do it again for all the tea in China. Lol! :xox
2016love Posts: 85
Aw that sounds amazing! we have Aoife booked too so got a little shiver when I read how good your review was. Have never heard her in person but have heard so many great reviews and booked based on them. What did you walk up the aisle to? I'm trying to pick music at the mo... :eek Your day sounds fab, congratulations!!
missamy Posts: 29
Thank you! As you can see I left out a couple of things because we Weren't hugely impressed with some suppliers. If you don't have anything nice to say say nowt and all that Walked down the aisle to First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. It's an emotional song anyway but God we were in bits when the music started lol! Our first dance was You Are the Best thing by RAy Lamontagne. This was on the back if what Aoife suggested too as she did first dance with band obviously. It was really good cos of the great brass section. If you have brass in your band you should consider it! Good luck with all the planning. Ceremony goes very fast. :o)ll