Big Fat Gypsy Wedding...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
Oh dear lord - the girl at her communion :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
OMG :eek
streaks Posts: 3592
Dear God....the state of the lot of them :eek
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Jesus anyone else shocked by the good old custom of "grabbing" ....or as others call it "rape" :eek :eek :eek :eek
Leigh Posts: 188
holy cow...something else, can you imagine how loaded that dress maker is!! :eek
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
That grabbing thing is terrible!! And the girls saying if they hurt you it means they like you???????? :eek thought when that guy was at her at end she was upset by it but tried to play it down. And as for the communion dress! The poor child having to wear a dress twice her weight.
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
[quote="Columbo1":3e51n0f0]Jesus anyone else shocked by the good old custom of "grabbing" ....or as others call it "rape" :eek :eek :eek :eek[/quote:3e51n0f0] +1 are they living in the real world? nobody should have to endure that grabbing crap.my god i would have boxed the face off the young fella! >:o(
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
The 'grabbing' is shocking :eek
Sweet8 Posts: 1285
[quote="SorrentoWife":p4w440i6]That grabbing thing is terrible!! And the girls saying if they hurt you it means they like you???????? :eek thought when that guy was at her at end she was upset by it but tried to play it down. And as for the communion dress! The poor child having to wear a dress twice her weight.[/quote:p4w440i6] [color=#400040:p4w440i6]+1 If anything the 'grabbing' is a form of assault. It really is eye-opening, thought it was sad when the girls were asked what sort of man they'd marry and they both agreed on a man that respected them and didn't beat them. :eek The dressmaker must be rolling in it, she's found a niche market anyway. I can't imagine being proud of being scarred by a dress though. But one thing I don't fully understand, why do the traveller girls dress provocatively if their morals and traditions say they must remain pure until marriage? [/color:p4w440i6]
ticketyboo Posts: 625
[quote="Lisi87":2r4u89oh]thought it was sad when the girls were asked what sort of man they'd marry and they both agreed on a man that respected them and didn't beat them. :eek[/quote:2r4u89oh] i know! that shocked me too! even the clothes they were wearing walking down the road, tiny tops and shorts. i suppose it's all they know though and they are so so young to be marrying.