Bikini line...... ?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

princess08 Posts: 113
Girls What are you all doing before birth, getting normal wax or more than normal etc ? My beautician mentioned that some women use bikini trimmer as well as having the normal waxing round the edges as makes examinations easier etc . Clueless when it comes to whats the norm
wifee07 Posts: 353
Words of advice, save your money. Leave your dignity at the front door of hospital! Bikini lines will be the last thing on your mind!!
Emomc Posts: 2069
Well I have continued my waxing during pregnancy and while I dont go for a brazillian I like it fairly trim! My sister had to have an emergency section and they had to shave her a little (maybe she was v hairy :o0 ) so I for one will be aiming to ensure I am pretty neat down there, but I think I will just be going for my normal trim wax-my beautician is a mum of two though will ask her advice. I for one don't believe labour means we have to leave our dignity at the front door, each of us should do whatever we need to make ourselves as comfortable as possible
porshe Posts: 1359
I actually got mine done a few days ago and I am hoping it will last because I am never going through that pain again, its very sensitive down there :eek
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I fully intended on being nice and neat down there on DD. She surprised us and arrived 3wks early and I can only imagine how hairy I was as I hadn't gone near the area in months - was leaving it all till the end. Anyway at the time I didn't give a crap and it didn't seem to get in the way of DD being born. Haven't bothered to do anything this time around either - my pain threshold is very low so waxing is definitely out for me. It's so awkward trying to get at the area with the ladyshave....might have to call on DH to give me a hand :o0
madhatter01 Posts: 495
lol this has been on my mind for a few wks now, i cant bear goin for a wax, tried to use the aul immac today and it stung the life outta me I washed it off straightaway, now i look like a bit of a bald eagle :-8 lol Have doc appt tomo so hope he doesnt need to check out down there. I hope to just keep it neat with shaving etc, dont wana go in when in lab like a hairy wolf. Had visions of myself shaving in lab b4 heading to hosp :o0
Belinda Posts: 142
girls you are all so funny isn't it great we have a place to come and chat about this kind of thing. I got an unexpected look in the mirror yesterday when I got out of the shower and nearly had a heart attack. It's been hard enough lately to shave the legs let alone give myself a fashionable haircut on my lady bits. Waxing is def out for me too, an eyebrow wax is as far as my pain threshold will last. I am with you Rocket Queen and might get dh to give a hand..... :o0
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
[quote="Belinda":1gi80vse] I am with you Rocket Queen and might get dh to give a hand..... :o0[/quote:1gi80vse] I attempted to have a go with the ladyshave in the shower last night but I couldn't really see what I was doing. DH came in to the room and I said to him he'll have to tidy me up before I go into labour.....I thought he was going to choke on his toothbrush :o0 :o0 Not sure what help he'll be when the time comes :o0
spanish mum Posts: 2468
Well girls, i´m due in 15 days....over the weekend, hubby gave me a good trim "down there", and the best bit was having him shave my legs ready!!! Bliss! (he was surprisingly good at it - no missed bits)! I told him that at this stage in pregnancy it was almost better than DTD!!!! :o0