Menu

Bikini Wax after a C-Section

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mimiblossom Posts: 589
This might sound silly but i want to get a bikini wax done but i dont know if it will cause problems with my wound. I had a section 9 weeks ago. And i have healed nicely. But will a bikini wax open the wound?? Is there a certain amount of time you are supposed to wait?? How long did other people wait??
Terri1 Posts: 1158
Beautician wouldn't look at me until 6 months after. She would have preferred 12 months but I couldn't wait :-8 :-8
funkyfish Posts: 7626
i think it was 3 months when the beautician waxed over the scar. i got the rest pruned though :-8
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
I think it was about 10 -12 weeks when I got my bikini done after Section but my beautician said that she will NEVER wax over the scar. She will do above and below it and it shouldn't re-open. That said, I have heard a horror story about a girl who after 5 months her scar/wound re-opened for no apparent reason. Her muscle tissue didn't knit when they stitched her and eventually the wound opened up (about and inch or so). this scared the crap out of me! Sue
wifin Posts: 4761
Not sure about c-section but I asked about brazilian after episiotomy and I was told she wouldn't even check the area to see was it possible until 6 months at least
CherylC Posts: 1071
I got mine done after about 3 months I think. She didn't wax over the scar - just above and below and then used a tweezer for any stragglers! Give the beautician a call and ask - if you go somewhere regularly they can probably find a way to accomodate you! I asked my consultant about it at my 6 week check up and he said go ahead whenever!
Octobermum10 Posts: 855
I had a Brazilian done about 6 weeks after my c-section. No bother at all.
mimiblossom Posts: 589
Thanks for all the info ladies! I might ring the beautician i go to and see what she says. I want to get it done but im really nervous. :-8 :-8