Bio Oil Question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jeidi Posts: 3128
Girls, I'm just at the end of my avent stretch mark cream, I liked it and it seems to be doing the job so far anyway. Everyone told me to get bio oil so I caved in and bought it on Saturday. My question is.... do I just put a tiny bit on and rub it on or do I put lashings of the stuff all over me? I've never used it before so it was a bit of a strange feeling.
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
Hi Jeidi I apply it after my shower on the lower part of my tummy (I'm only 10 weeks). I only use a few drops on wet skin. I'm a bit too early for stretch marks so hopefully all this preparation will help prevent them! Zilla07
mcglick Posts: 463
I lash it on my belly!!!! I use it at bed time and just use a good body moisturiser after i shower.
lollypop Posts: 317
I'm using it too, I'm only 7 weeks. I put it on my belly and my boobs. I don't lash it on just enough to cover the area. Its says on the bottle to use it from the first trimester until after pregnancy so I'm just gonna keep using it.
MrsK07 Posts: 454
Same as that, I put it on at bedtime. I use a few drops of it on my tummy and some more on my sides and the top of my thighs. It spreads very easily. Baby even loves the massage as i usually get loads of movement when I do this.
Jeidi Posts: 3128
great girlies, thanks for the info
chloe01 Posts: 33
Does it really work or is the Butter Cream for pregnancy better? Chloe
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
My friend recommended I put some of it in the bath, she used it for both of her pregnancies and she hasnt one stretch mark! She just put a few drops in the bath and it was brilliant.
newbie24 Posts: 530
I'm using the Mama Mio range, similar to Bio Oil I think but I'm lashing it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm only almost 9 weeks!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
firefly78 Posts: 312
I use the bio Oil every morning after my shower, I just put it on my belly, I suppose about a walnut sized amount.