Birth Story - C Section - TMI

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

decmum Posts: 239
Heh Girls, I'm home :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I was due on the 15th of Dec and was brought in for an induction on the 20th. They sent me home on the 21st as the Coombe was jammed. I was devastated. I had to go back in on Christmas Day :o( I was given gel at 11.00pm that night and my waters broke at 12.20am. Then i went into labour with contractions every 5 mins but only 30 secs long, not enough to give birth to a baby. By 11.00am on Stephen's Day the contactions were now 30 mins apart. By 4.00pm i was brought to the delivery suite and started on Oxytoxin drip. This brought me into hard labour straight away. The drip started at 60, then 15 mins later 90, then 120, 150 and by the time it reached 180 (where 'good' contractions come) the baby reacted and his heart stopped. They turned off everything and he settled. This process was repeated 3 times..... In the meantime i begged for an epidural and i reacted to this. Only my left side was numb and my heart rate dropped. They did a dfs procedure on the baby (scrap its' head and get blood to see if he had enough oxygen). I found this v tramatic and cried!!! :o( They went to start up the labour for a fourth time and it was 3.00am on the 27th at this stage. I said hold on a sec.....how many cm am i????4cm............at this stage i was 30 hours in labour. They then did another dfs and next minute i was being wheeled down to theatre. My hubby came in, in scrubs, my very own Mc Dreamy!!!. Baby Harry was born at 4.04am by emergency c section. :xox :xxx Anything that went before dissolved as i heard him cry. By the way i didnt know they hold their chests tight and don't let them cry as a c-section baby until they drain off their mucose (something that happens naturally as a baby squeezes through the birth canal). But when i heard that cry it was sheer relief. He was a healthy 7lb 9oz. He spent a few hours warming up in an incubator and was like a raisin!!!! But he is home now and just feeds and sleeps. We went shopping yesterday at 6 days old and i'm glad i packed 3 spare baby gros!!! I love the smell of my new baby and the way he opens his blue eyes. I love the wrinkled brow if he needs a wind and the hearty cry as i change his nappy.I love the fab clothes he has got from everyone, but most of all i forget every ache and pain i had when he nuzzles into my neck at 4 in the morning as it snows outside *) Happy New Year Girls, and to all of you overdue girls, after T+12 my bundle was born and it was worth the wait. x
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
Ahh that's sweet decmum :xox Congrats on your lovely baby boy :o)ll
mags s Posts: 591
oh i have tears in my eyes...everyone in work thinks i am mad. what a great outcome......pretty traumatic though...
decmum Posts: 239
let's just say i'll wait awhile before the next one!!!
MissieGold Posts: 1124
Ahh thanks Decmum :thnk Glad everything was ok despite the traumatic birth you sound like a wonderful mum for baby Harry:lvs Congratulations
fraggle rocker Posts: 1426
Congratulations on the birth of your son. I am actually crying at your story it is such a lovely description of motherhood(beside the part about labour :o0 )
darkie27 Posts: 1449
Great report congrats to you both xx
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[quote="decmum":2olgvx8d] I love the smell of my new baby and the way he opens his blue eyes. I love the wrinkled brow if he needs a wind and the hearty cry as i change his nappy.I love the fab clothes he has got from everyone, but most of all i forget every ache and pain i had when he nuzzles into my neck at 4 in the morning as it snows outside *) [/quote:2olgvx8d] [color=indigo:2olgvx8d]That paragraph has just made me well up congrats and welcome to baby Harry !!!! [/color:2olgvx8d]
motherhubbard Posts: 3037
Oh my God that last paragraph killed me!!! Your dealing with hormonal women, you can't right something like that and not expect tears!!!! I'm in work and I think they all think I'm gone craxy :o0 :o0 That is so sweet and absolutely brilliant to hear somebody describe so well and so detailed how much they love their new baby! :lvs :lvs Thanks for sharing...
charli Posts: 5994
Fair play to you, you are sooo positive! especially after a fairly traumatic birth experience and emergency section at the end, really is all worth it though as you have said your final paragraph made me melt :lvs also Harry is one of my names for a boy :o0 *) Love it!