Birthing Partner

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Would anyone know if you opt for MLU (I'm going to Drogheda) if you are allowed more than 1 birthing partner? Hubby's not really pushed about coming in with me, but was nearly gonna ask my mum if she would come aswell, to give hubby a break if it gets too much, or if labour goes on for quite some time? Any suggestions? If anyone else has had 2, can they let me know if it worked well? Thanks sue
bump!
milis Posts: 7998
you can only have one person in the room with you, but one could come out to let the other in!!
GentleBirth Posts: 750
Drogheda is open to 2nd birth partners if you get prior approval which usually isn't an issue. For the MLU you don't need any approval - just let the Midwives know you may have more than one birth partner. At the moment there are very strict restrictions on visitors but by the time you're due it shouldn't be an issue. Tracy
Thanks for your responses ladies!! Appreciated *)
jmeath Posts: 5740
My friend had 2 in with her back during the summer but with the strict visiting at the moment i doubt you will be allowed....im not even allowed have mam relieve DH for a couple of hrs (even after babs is born) Edited...just saw your not due too soon so visiting will prob be all sorted by then!!!
thanks jmeath. I'm 1/2 contemplating doing what you are doing! I don't want hubby to be under pressure....