bit of a fright! - some TMI bits

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
when i was going to bed last night i had what felt like a nerve twitching but it was right down below my hip bones but above my hair (you know what i mean!) and it was just a weird sensation. so i went asleep and woke at 4am with a piercing pain in exactly the same place. i ran to the bathroom and my stomach was making loud gurgly noises and i'd lots of wind (sorry TMI) and next thing i started to retch and break out in a cold sweat and felt really faint. the whole thing lasted about 3 mins and then i felt fine again. WTF?!?!? the pain really scared. i've been watching the tissue like a hawk but there's no blood at all. this morning i feel extra bloated but thats about it. anyone else experience anything like that?!
Emme Posts: 4735
I would say that you're just getting twinges that at the moment you notice and panic over, in a few weeks it'll be like 'oh would they ever bog off'! Sounds like it was more of a tummy whinge than anything else. The sweat could be from the fright you got. If you keep getting it give your GP a shout.
but Emme the pain was so sore it woke me from my sleep :( i'm so so afraid its the start of a MC
Mrs Beasley Posts: 589
Minkie, My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and I didn't feel anything like that. My 2nd pregnancy went just fine and I DID experience something like that. Unfortunately, that was the effect that drinking coffee had on me, so that was immediately nipped in the bud. Try not to worry too much, pregnancy brings with it all sorts of uncomfortable pains and twinges, that aren't necessarily signs of a miscarriage at all. Will be keeping everything crossed for you that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy :lvs
Finished here Posts: 2860
Before i even knew i was pg the exact same thing happened me and i got very bad diarrohea after the pains woke me up, then for the next few days i was in agony with upper back pain, then it all went away and i discovered i was pg - it was the weirdest thing, i often wonder was it implantation or something. since then i have had the strangest cramps and aches in the strangest places i think when you are that tuned into your body you feel so much more than normal ! Try to relax (but i know this is easier said than done) take care FF
Fat Frog - thats exactly what it was like. etiher i'm way behind 6 weeks or way ahead of it i think. i thought i was going to get really bad diarrohea (sp) last night cuz the pains were so bad but i didn't.