Bit of advice...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shaunce Posts: 65
Hey everyone. So..I went to try on dresses for the first time today. I had been into the shop before looking for bridesmaid dresses and I had come back to try it on. Even though its the first one I have tried on, I think its THE ONE. I did try on another in the shop but it wasnt right and all I could think about was the first one. I cried, my mum cried, my bridesmaid cried. Should I go to some other places and look at dresses or should I just go with the one I love. Im worried incase theres something else I could have seen and wont but im also not good with decisions im really worried I wont be able to choose between others and confuse myself. Also, the shop its in have offered me 15% off if I order within a week cause im getting my bridesmaid dresses and my veil and tiara there too! Helppp. Thanks <3
MRS.Q Posts: 558
Sont be swayed by the 15%... Its probs not that much in the grand scheme of things!!! In saying that, I only went to one shop and ordered the second dress I tried on!! I only tried on 4 btw!!! Mam started bawling and 7 yr old ds had a tear in his little eye when he seen me in it!!! That was it for me... game over ball burst!!!
moyra-smyth Posts: 511
I went to several shops but i went back and bought the 2nd dress i tryed on. I think you should go shop around though...if you dont find anything nicer thats great cause you'll know the first one is "the one". but if you leave it you might always wonder if there was a nicer dress for you!
Shaunce Posts: 65
Thanks! I think your right. I know your right. I might as well look and 15% realy wont make much of a dent in the whole cost of everything. Thanks. =]
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
[quote="moyra-sausage":ajustl4n]I went to several shops but i went back and bought the 2nd dress i tryed on. I think you should go shop around though...if you dont find anything nicer thats great cause you'll know the first one is "the one". but if you leave it you might always wonder if there was a nicer dress for you![/quote:ajustl4n] What she said!!! Dont let the shop sway you with the 15% I bet if you ring them and say - Im going on 2 weeks holiday so wont have deposit till I come back - they will hold the 15% for you! Gives you a couple of weeks any way
missymoo09 Posts: 210
Yes I agree with you all. I started shopping 2 weeks ago and wouldnt you know it the first dress I tried on, I think it is the one. Im going to go about the next month trying on more dresses just to be sure to be sure...
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
They should give you a discount regardless because of all that you're buying there. It's not fair to put so much pressure on you
monkeybear Posts: 1926
I agree with the other posters, no harm shopping around, if nothing else its a bit of fun to try them on and you can still go back to the dress again, you shouldnt be swayed by the 15% you'd regret it later if you didnt shop around to be sure it was the one Ive tried on loads of dresses at this stage and still havent found the one, got a bit down about it but, ive given myself a bit of time off (from looking) and im all refreshed to go again next wk, so fingers crossed best of luck to you
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
Send us a pic when you decide for sure - dying to see the dress!
Twirler Posts: 1644
I'd say try on a few more to be sure. I tried on a dress the first day I went shopping and adored it. Went back to try it on after trying on a load more and didn't like it nearly as much.