Bit TMI im sorry!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
Hi guys&gals, my dad has to have an "anal fissure" TMI sorry :-8 fixed under general surgery in a few weeks.....just wondering if anyone has had one of these and how it was after the surgery>> many thanks for any info :thnk
Maxi-Babe Posts: 327
Hi Can't believe i am typing this but here I go.... I had that operation. TBH it really is nothing too major and nothing really to worry about. Your dad will be sore for a little while after it and will probably have to have salt baths to help the healing along, it does hurt / sting quite a bit after the op, but after a few days he should be right as rain. I actually found the pain of the fissure before the op way worse than either the op itself or the recovery, so your dad will be fine. If you need any more info, please just let me know HTH
maxi-babe thank you so much and i really appreciate it being difficult to say for you feel free to pm me if youd rather!! how long were you in hospital for and how long was the op? sincere thanks anon :thnk
No problem! I had the procedure done in the day ward of Tallaght hospital. It was a general anaesthetic, but for this type of operation your dad wouldn't be under very long, so it's not as bad as it sounds. I think the whole thing, from being brought down to theatre to waking up was a maximum 90 minutes to 2 hours. As I said I had it done on the day ward and I was let home that afternoon, I wasn't kept in. My mum works on the day ward in Tallaght and she has said to me that the experience I had with this is standard and she is not aware of people being kept in for this type of operation. Of course, each hospital could be different and I guess different people's cases vary also, but from my experience I don't imagine your dad would be in hospital anything longer than the day. Let me know if you have any more questions HTH
thanks a mill maxi thats eased our minds ten fold!!! :thnk
No probs! Hope everything works out ok for your dad!