Bl**dy birds nest!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

IvytheTerrible Posts: 950
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH O:| O:| O:| We have a nest under the eaves and they have me awake since 5am, the squawking is unbelievable and I don't even want to think about the mess >:o( >:o( >:o( , off now to get the hose out to swill the place down with Jeyes Fluid and while I'm at it I might as well wash the car as well, it was covered in bird doo yesterday but it was too hot to wash the car, the car wash doesn't get it off :o( . Hopefully only another 7 days before they fly off (assuming I don't do something drastic before then).
lush11 Posts: 2877
Had to laugh at this. My mam was only giving out about the birds last night. Apparently they have her up early too with their sqwaking and she was out sunning herself the other day and there was a little fella right above her head sqwaking right at her. She said she could have swore he was giving out like mad at her and this was going on for ages so she took off her shoe and hit the gutter. She said if she had the hurley he would have got it. hahaha, i had to laugh. Poor little birdy. But anyway, your not the only one and just had to share that story with you.
Sweet as pie Posts: 376
Tell me about it there is five gables in our house and over the last week swallows have been making their nests in them all , STUPID BIRDS my windowsills are destroyed, H2b is out every even knocking down the nests with a long stick but straight away they are at it again >:o(
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
OMG, i was sure it was only my house that every bird in the country had decided to nest in!!! O:| O:| We have at least 3 nests under the eaves, all at the same side of the house, at each corner of my bloody bedroom! Its like they are doing Riverdance on the roof every morning! And no matter how far away from the house i park the car, it still gets pelted with bird poo, and the front drive and windows of the house are destroyed! Hope these little feckers fly the coop soon! O:| O:| I cant even get away from them when i go for my walk, cos one sh1t on my hand last week, what are the chances of that??!! :duh:
lush11 Posts: 2877
[quote="CherrieChapstick":1yyjib7j] I cant even get away from them when i go for my walk, cos one sh1t on my hand last week, what are the chances of that??!! :duh:[/quote:1yyjib7j] Lol, shit luck is good luck apparently.You shoould do the lotto.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Ahhh I miss my birdies - can ye send all yours over to me?? :o0 We have a pair of swallows that build a nest the last 2 years in our porch, but no sign of them this year - I used to love looking up every morning to see if they hatched yet and then when they did when they would hear the door open they would all shoot up with their mouths open :lvs Now granted they didnt keep us awake at night! I have cows and sheep around us that do that >:o(
littlewifey Posts: 408
We are exactly the same though they dont keep me awake or wake me :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: :zzzz: But the car is absolutey covered in bird [email protected]! Its black and we only got it washed on Satruday morning and by saturday afternoon - it was destroyed again O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
gillette Posts: 1803
Our car space is directly under an electricity wire. I'd say we're washing it once a week at this point (and believe me, I'm not fussy about the car). It's so gross
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
[quote="Lusk10":2bu26vz1][quote="CherrieChapstick":2bu26vz1] I cant even get away from them when i go for my walk, cos one sh1t on my hand last week, what are the chances of that??!! :duh:[/quote:2bu26vz1] Lol, sugar luck is good luck apparently.You shoould do the lotto.[/quote:2bu26vz1] I did, and won a 3euro scratch card! :duh:
IvytheTerrible Posts: 950
[quote="Lusk10":2jrbkvcb]Had to laugh at this. My mam was only giving out about the birds last night. Apparently they have her up early too with their sqwaking and she was out sunning herself the other day and there was a little fella right above her head sqwaking right at her. She said she could have swore he was giving out like mad at her and this was going on for ages so she took off her shoe and hit the gutter. She said if she had the hurley he would have got it. hahaha, i had to laugh. Poor little birdy. But anyway, your not the only one and just had to share that story with you.[/quote:2jrbkvcb] LOL your mam sounds just like me :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: They defo don't like us being around as when I was hosing the other day, I could swear they were squawking at me too and they just seem very aggressive or something. I'd say the neighbours are freaking too cos their cars/windows/washing lines are all in the flightpath *) I need to clean the windows tomorrow, every window and door bar two (maybe they might get around to those yet) are splattered >:o( Djune2011, they are persistent buggers alright as they had originally built a nest in the chimney and actually got into the house three times until we got a bird cowl and that was only fitted a while and then they discovered the fascia/soffit. I can't see them though so :lvs :lvs :lvs is in short supply.