Black bridesmaids dress in May?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hikaa Posts: 29
Have fallen in love with a bridesmaid dress but it is black. What do you think? Could I add colour with her flowers? Is it ok to have a black BM dress in May???
Fiona13 Posts: 1366
I think black Bm dresses are lovely. friend of mine had them and they were fab
limklady Posts: 59
Yeah I think it would be fine, you could add some flowers or a coloured ribbon if you feel you need it. I'm planning to have black in september.
bridemay08 Posts: 61
Hi im getting married in may and im having black bridemaid dresses also, dont think the h2b is too keen. He wanted to put the best man and grooms man in black suits and now he thinks it will be too black. I have them bought now so I think im going to go with them anyway.
MrsH! Posts: 201
I was b.maid for my sister in May and we wore long black dresses from Dessy, really fab in photos. we had really bright flowers also which stood out lovely
BrideApril08 Posts: 21
I'm also having black, in April!
Spudnik2b Posts: 1804
i can't see anything wrong with black dresses, as the other posters said you can brighten them up with flowers and maybe some nice ribbon, if its what you want, go with it
Valkstar Posts: 2747
I'm having them in July, and have lovely bright flowers to go with them *)
hikaa Posts: 29
O Thanks a mill girls, ye have really eased my mind. Think I will go for it now and as you say we can really brighten things up with flowers etc. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Mrs080808 Posts: 1569
i'm having black bridesmaid dresses in august