Black bruises on back of calf - what are they?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MummyLuv Posts: 2478
Hi dunno if anyone will know the answer to this one but for the last two weeks I've had theseblack marks on the back of my claf they look like a bruise but haven't faded and are much darker than a normal bruise anyone any ideas?
PrincessLea Posts: 436
God, that sounds weird... Is it painful? Otherwise I'd say maybe it's dye from somewhere? legwarmers? :o0 Maybe a pair of boots you're wearing? Do you put your feet up somewhere? (I wanted to be a detective when I was little) :yelrotflmaosmilie:
muffinmix Posts: 100
It could be the dreaded varicose veins.....do they ever stand out or seem slightly lumpy to touch, especially if you have been standing for a while and your legs are tired. Sometimes they aren't lumpy and painful but you can see the discoloration where they are under the skin. I don't think they'd be much darker than a normal bruise though. Show them to your doctor at your next visit and I'm sure they'll tell you. You would wear those lovely attractive support stockings to try stop them getting worse...but chances are they'll just go away again after pregnancy if they're not bad.