Menu

Blairscove House & Restaurant, Durrus, County Cork

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gezza78 Posts: 1
My husband and I got married on Friday 20th September 2013 and held our wedding reception at Blairscove House and Restaurant in Durrus, West Cork. We had an amazing time and all our guests were absolutely blown away with the venue. Fergus had dined at Blairscove numerous times over the years and knew it was going to be the perfect wedding venue for us. I saw it for the first time in August last year and it lived up to my expectations. Blairscove is a beautiful Georgian house located just outside the village of Durrus overlooking Dunmanus Bay. Owners Sabine and Philippe are lovely, professional, extremely helpful and accommodating. We live in London and I was worried that organising a wedding from a different country might be difficult but Sabine put our minds at rest very quickly and was enormously helpful in putting together the personal touches that made our day so special. Every ‘curve ball’ we sent her was dealt with so efficiently and without objection and this allowed to us to really enjoy the build up to the day with very little stress. Despite being full to capacity they were able to provide food of equal high quality as the restaurant always produces. Guests had a choice of 3 main meals which is rarity amongst wedding venues. The restaurant staff are exceptional and the evening ran smoothly and seamlessly. We stayed in one of the apartments (actually a 2 storey house!) which is beautifully decorated and has everything required for a very comfortable stay. Having breakfast delivered to the apartment was a lovely touch. We can’t rate Blairscove highly enough and it will always hold a special place in hearts having provided us with an unforgettable day.
xyz2017 Posts: 1
Hi girls - any of you getting married in Blairscove? The venue is stunning, and i hear great things about the food. I'm due to get married there this year, would love to hear from other brides