Blankets

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Happybridejuly Posts: 95
Hi Girls , Can anyone recomeed what blankets to buy for moses basket for newborn . I am due my baby Aug 5th so the weather should be mild . Also do I need to buy a pacific blanket for swaddling as I have been reading a lot about this . Thanks for advice . :o0
ginger nut Posts: 5989
i got a bale of bedding from Mothercare. it has cellular blankets and sheets in it. i still use the blankets in the pram. you can get swaddling blankets in mothercare too - i had one but never used it (i was too scared to use it in case i smothered the baby or something.
Blackbird Posts: 5135
I got cellular blankets in Mamas & Papas. They have different sizes for moses basket/crib and cot.
mumof2 Posts: 3864
[quote="Blackbird":vw6622zj]I got cellular blankets in Mamas & Papas. They have different sizes for moses basket/crib and cot.[/quote:vw6622zj] I got loads of these before DS was born but someone bought him a blanket from Dunnes and I find it much more cosier and lighter on him. If it is cold out I use the cellular blankets from M & P but I would recommend the Dunnes ones over them to be honest - and much cheaper too
newly_wed Posts: 1039
I'm due 31st July and haven't bought any blankets etc yet but thought you might like to know Mamas and Papas are actually doing 3 for the price of 2 on some of their cellular blankets and cot/crib sheets at the moment!
honeybee Posts: 624
I am in the process of buying blankets and would be greatful to know how many approxm should i buy? I was thinking 2 for the cot, 1 for the pram/buggy and two for around the house for the swing/bouncer. What do you think girls?