Blathnaid Timothy?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soulful Posts: 1697
I am appaled at the lack of media coverage this missing lady is getting. Why do they feel the need to over indulge us with the political muppets that are supposedly running (ruining) our country????????????? I have not seen any update in the national papers regarding any updates on her disappearance. It's disgraceful. There was a programme aired on TV3 2 nights ago about missing boy Philip Cairns who vanished over 25 years ago. Yet there really should have been a special programme aired about Blathnaid and her disappearance as it is so current. I feel for any families whose loved ones are missing and God knows there are plenty in Ireland but I do feel that Blathnaid is being short changed by the lack of coverage. Somebody knows something, people do not just vanish into thin air. O:|
Ochre Posts: 877
There were quite a few articles in the papers about this case just after new years - between the 1st and 4th of January. I don't want to post any links as I'd hate to upset her family or friends but if you google, you'll find them easily enough. They found the taxi driver and the focus of the investigation shifted. My heart goes out to her family and friends.
wollywoo Posts: 330
[quote="astrogirl":1sm26b2n]I am appaled at the lack of media coverage this missing lady is getting. Why do they feel the need to over indulge us with the political muppets that are supposedly running (ruining) our country????????????? I have not seen any update in the national papers regarding any updates on her disappearance. It's disgraceful. There was a programme aired on TV3 2 nights ago about missing boy Philip Cairns who vanished over 25 years ago. Yet there really should have been a special programme aired about Blathnaid and her disappearance as it is so current. I feel for any families whose loved ones are missing and God knows there are plenty in Ireland but I do feel that Blathnaid is being short changed by the lack of coverage. Somebody knows something, people do not just vanish into thin air. O:|[/quote:1sm26b2n] +1 It's a disgrace that a girl can just disappear without a trace and there isn't any update on the tv about it at all. The media in this country can be strange sometimes. I found the media coverage surrounding the death of Michaela McAreavey a bit too much. I know it was an extremely disturbing and upsetting death but to have page after page in every daily paper for a week dedicated to the story must have been very painful for her family and friends. Whereas I'm sure Blaithneads family would be delighted if just one paper would have half a page about her disappearance. Both stories are very sad though and I do hope that Blaithnead is found soon.
MrsAH Posts: 3715
[quote="Ochre ":xse4rev0]There were quite a few articles in the papers about this case just after new years - between the 1st and 4th of January. I don't want to post any links as I'd hate to upset her family or friends but if you google, you'll find them easily enough. They found the taxi driver and the focus of the investigation shifted. My heart goes out to her family and friends.[/quote:xse4rev0] This. Terrible case.
MichelleMyBelle Posts: 1270
Couldn't agree more - it's a fcuking disgrace. I was only thinking about her yesterday, and that I hadn't seen any recent media coverage.
stick Posts: 1229
Did they not say they think she took her life and thats why there wasnt much media cover of the story
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="b2b0411":3l5xga8w]Did they not say they think she took her life and thats why there wasnt much media cover of the story[/quote:3l5xga8w] I also heard this....perhaps this is why it has been taken out of the media.
MrsAH Posts: 3715
It is the reason girls, I didn't really want to post this but here is the link. The police have more or less confirmed it.
soulful Posts: 1697
Oh dear I was referring to the lack of media coverage on the television. I now understand why they didn't focus on it from the article you have linked. I hope they find her and it may give them a bit of closure O:o)
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
[quote="MrsAH":3isekk7i]It is the reason girls, I didn't really want to post this but here is the link. The police have more or less confirmed it. [/quote:3isekk7i] MrsAH, I have no problem with you posting the link to the article and neither should the family. I hadn't read or heard the update on the case and like Astrogirl assumed she was still a missing person with foul play suspected. I fully appreciate it being so hard on family and friends and can totally see where you were coming from Ochre but it's this sort of "hush-up" that lends itself to the topic of suicide being regarded as "tabboo". I hope for her families sake they recover her body and I hope she has found her peace wherever she may be now. :o( Thank you for that MrsAH and Ochre for pointing us in right direction. :thnk