Bleeding in Pregnancy advice needed

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
As you can see from my ticker im almost 8 weeks pregnant and since yesterday i have had very little bleeding. Only when i wipe not on panty liner and TMI ALERT its like a discharge with some blood in it. I never bleed at all on my first pregnancy so for those of you who have some experience of bleeding Should i be worried about this?
guber Posts: 376
I was "bleeding" at about 6weeks, like you was like a discharge with pink in it and only when i wiped but had my 1st scan yesterday and all is great
fizzy bubbles Posts: 339
Hi May08 Wife, It is such a worry when you see blood during pregnancy. I had a bleed a 6 weeks on this pregnancy, bright red blood. I went into the EPU in Holles Street and they did a scan for me, thank god all is fine. The doctor in HS told me that bleeding in pregnancy in quite common and does not always mean a bad thing. It would be no harm though just to get it checked out for your own peace of mind. Give your maternity hospital a call and see what they say. Best of luck xx
bridalnowmam Posts: 2202
If its brownish blood it could b old blood that was left over from your period, you could perhaps call your local GP or perhaps go one better and call your local hospital, they may scan u to check all is ok Bleeding is not uncommon is pregnancy , try not to worry too much until u know, hope you are ok :xox
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Hi May08, I had some pink/brown discharge every day between 8-10 weeks. I immediately assumed the worst but had a scan at 8 and 9 weeks and baby wriggling away. Just had a mini-scan on Wednesday and baby is growing big and strong. I would defo ring and go into your hospital to get a scan to reassure you. Let us know how you get on :wv
Bleeding seems to be getting a bit stronger now so i rang my GP he told me to rest and wait and see as it may not necessarily mean a miscarriage and if im still bleeding in the morning he told me to go to A&E for an internal scan. Pray all will be ok girls O:|
PetiteFeet Posts: 506
Sorry no experience, just wanted to say hope you are ok and try to rest and look after yourself.
Wife09 Posts: 873
I bleed for the entire 12 weeks on DD and a few times on this pregnancy. All I will say is sometimes it can take a couple of scans to detect that everything is ok , on DD couldnt get a hearbeat till 8 weeks yet on this bruser we got one at 5. Personally if you are worried I would go for a scan as it might put your mind at ease or you might be told to come back in 1 or 2 weeks and your head still wrecked! I hope everything works out ok for you!
Well girls i went ot A&E Fri evening and they did a urine test ,blood test and internal scan. According to my GP i should be 8 weeks pregnant according to the date of my last AF but im so irregular i think im 6 or 7 max. Anyway the internal scan they did on Fri evening in A&E only measured 5 weeks. The doctor told me it was one of 2 things (a) my dates were out and it was an earlier pregnancy than we thought but bleeding is not good or (b) im miscarrying. I have to go back again this evening for another blood test and have an appointment in the morning with the EPU but to be honest im expecting the worst i bled extremely heavy yesterday morning with bad back pain and bad stomach cramps all of which are signs of a miscarriage according to the doc i saw Fri night. He wasnt very nice to be honest was very matter of fact and no sympathy at all. I will let you all know exactly what the story is tomorrow after my EPU appointment in the morning.
fizzy bubbles Posts: 339
I am so sorry to hear this. I will say a little prayer for you and please god all turns out ok :lvs