Bleeding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

starlight Posts: 171
Hi, I am off the pill less than a month and was due a period, next thursday which would have been 28 days since my last period, but this morning there was a small amount of blood which is 23 days since my last period, do I take it this is a period and I am not pregnant, or do you think I should still do a test, I appreciate your advice.
Hi, I am off the pill less than a month and was due a period, next thursday which would have been 28 days since my last period, but this morning there was a small amount of blood which is 23 days since my last period, do I take it this is a period and I am not pregnant, or do you think I should still do a test, I appreciate your advice.
jellybaby Posts: 2316
Hi starlight, I know your cycles can be all over the place after coming off the pill, so you may just have to wait it out and see what happens. It is possible (don't mean to get your hopes up so soon) that this is implantation bleeding, especially if it didn't last long and there wasn't much. I would wait til Thursday (or longer if you can) and test then anyway. Bear in mind that after coming off the pill, your cycle may not be a regular 28 days (even if it was before you started on the pill), so Thursday may still be too early to test. If you get a neg on Thurs, I would wait 4 or 5 days before testing again. Best of luck, let us know how it goes :wink:
thanks jellybaby for your help, its a period alright but very light still bleeding today, and have period pains every day which is strange as when i was on the pill i only ever got a period pain the day i was due. well i suppose there is next month to try, it can be dissapointing when they come even though im only off the pill one month, i think were led to believe if you have sex once you can get preggers, wishfull thinking ha.