Bleeding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Magicwand Posts: 85
Just been to the toilet and am bleeding - not much and is more of brownish colour. How bad is this. Havent even been to make an appointment with Doctor yet and phoned and not there until next week. Is this vey bad ? Oh God, can't get husband - am all over the place. Has this happened to anyone else ?
glittergirlrachel Posts: 279
Magic wand how far is your pregnancy along? If you are worried ring your hospital and go along.
maybe_baby Posts: 55
Magicwand, Spotting is quite common during pregnancy, but it would be no harm going to a doctor just to get checked. M_B
mammybean Posts: 10364
Magic wand the dark brown stuff should be ok, it means itys old and been in your system for a while. If its a bright red i would worry more. I have been where you are now and i know you are all over the place. Do you have any pains at all? If you are worried ring the maternity ward at your local hospital. they should have an early pregnance unit
bellabella Posts: 2750
Listen now pet, it's brownish thats completely normal as long as its not pink or red. Now have a cup of tea with some sugar and calm down.NOw alot of the girls with bfp's went to the same thing.I promise. Everything is ok
Ducky Posts: 2506
Everything's fine, as bella says, brown is good! Give the doc a quick ring though, just to be safe
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Yep - I would phone your GP rather than the hospital on this one and get their thoughts. It's probably normal but always better to get a professional opinion. Bright red blood is the kind to worry about.
mammybean Posts: 10364
in saying the hospital i mean tofind out if they have an early pregnancy unit as the one here in waterford is excellent. Any time i was worried they brought me in for a scan or whatever to ease my mind.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
That's true - there is usually a unit called an early fetal monitoring unit or similar. Though possibly you have to have booked into the hospital first?? Not sure. Start with your GP and work up from there if necessary. Good luck - let us know how you get on!
Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Hi Magic Wand, Don't panic, I had the exact same thing at about 5 and half weeks. Was totally panicking and rang the doctor. She said its nothing to worry about unless you have cramps with it or if it turns red and clotty. What it is is probably when your baby was implanted into the lining of your womb you would have bled a bit and its only coming out now. Its old blood and thats why its brown. Stress will do more damage than good so don't stress out everything will be fine.