Blood Clotting Disorders...?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ria2011 Posts: 309
Hi ladies, Just wondering if anyone has been diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder? What did the testing involve and were they able to help you to carry a healthy pregnancy after you were diagnosed? I've just had my second miscarriage, and my sister mentioned today that our youngest sister was diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder ten years ago when I was living abroad. (Both my mother and my grandmother suffered a clot too but never were tested or received treatment for blood clotting disorders). It was apparently recommended at the time of my sister's diagnosis that her other sisters be tested for it too. Nobody ever told me, which makes me a little sad, as maybe these mcs could have been prevented....and then again, maybe I don't have a blood clotting disorder at all. Will have to wait to be tested.... So will my doctor allow me to have the blood tests now, even though I haven't had three miscarriages? Does this new information change anything for me, in relation to being allowed to investigate this possiblity?
BusyDee Posts: 8527
Sent you a (long!) pm Ria :wv
ria2011 Posts: 309
Thanks so much BusyDee, I just replied :thnk
corkiegirl Posts: 825
Hi ladies, I'm nearly 23 weeks pregnany and I've just been diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder. Has anyone else experienced this? I feel lucky to have gotten this far in my pregnancy when I didn't even know and am now worried about the increased chance of still birth. The consultant mentioned monitoring baby's movements etc, but I'm a bit worried. Does anyone have any experience?
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
What is the disorder? I have Factor V Lieden and can give you my experience of that if it's the same...
corkiegirl Posts: 825
Yes, Blue Polka, that's what I have (heterzy version!). Thanks, would appreciate some infor / advice from someone real so that I can stop the googling that I have been doing since I got home from the hosp!!
bluepolkadots Posts: 1237
PMed you corkiegirl