Blood during 2nd trimester?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

groom_zilla Posts: 109
My OH got a tiny bit of blood yesterday. None before or after. 20 weeks gone. Anyone else any bit of blood during 2nd trimester?
tilsun Posts: 4506
TMI answer here. Is there any chance this was not vaginal blood? I had a bit of a bleed last week and luckily I quickly realised it was from a hemorrhoid not vaginal :-8 :-8 :-8 Or was it after dtd or an internal examination? I'm of the mind, that if she's worried, she should give the doctor a call :wv
Emme Posts: 4735
Could be a million and one things not to worry about - low lying placenta, polyps, anything but she's always best to get it checked out mostly cause if it happens again she won't worry or stress over it cause she'll know what caused it.
short n sweet Posts: 1802
As Emme said it could be one of several things - it's around the time that a low lying placenta may cause a bleed - I had several bleeds in 2nd & 3rd trimester and they were unexplained - something like 20% of bleeding in pregnancy is - but baba was fine - HS told me to come in as soon as I had a bleed so your OH should give the hospital a call and see what they advise - Good Luck