blood - should I panic?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Winter B2B Posts: 3494
TMI alert :hic I am 12 week pg and just back from toilet and i am slightly bleeding (not much), it's really red blood. I went to toilet at one stage last night and when i wiped there was a little bit of blood but next time i went there was nothing so didn't pay much attention to it but now again it has happened. The reason Im worried is because I have had no symptoms in past 2 weeks and now this. (I posted about this earlier in week). I had a scan at 10 weeks and saw heartbeat. What should I do?
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Could you give your hospital a ring & speak to someone there? They might make EPU appointment or if they think it sounds serious suggest you go in but for the most part from what I've read unless it's accompanied by painful cramping it might just be one of the those things! Hope it will be ok :xox
JDD Posts: 1316
I think unless you're bleeding in between wipes and/or cramping you should be alright. My morning sickness stopped at eleven weeks, like someone had switched off a switch. I'd take ohsotired's advice and ring your EPU though. No point in worrying unnecessarily.
Rachel Berry Posts: 359
Winter2B, the fact you had a scan at 10 weeks and saw a heartbeat all sounds very positive:) I had a few bleeds throughout the pregnancy and all was fine, thank god. Just be sure though that your blood is not Rhesus Negative. If it is, you will need to get some anti-D. As ohsotired said, definitely call the EPU. I attend CUMH and I have used the services of the accident and emergency, when I've had bleeding. If that's an option for you, you could also ring them and the midwife will advise you as to the best course of action:) [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers:31x8knl1][img:31x8knl1]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tta981f.aspx[/img:31x8knl1][/url:31x8knl1]
Winter B2B Posts: 3494
Thanks girls. I rang the hospital and spoke to a midwife. She said to see how I get on over night and to ring again in morning and they'll decide than if I should come in for scan. She said the fact it's very red is a good sign.
ohsotired Posts: 7071
How are you today Winter B2B? Hope everything is ok!!
babyforus Posts: 1619
I got this at 12 weeks, all was fine. I did go in to EPU though for a scan. Suprised they didn't say to come in to put your mind at ease.
Emme Posts: 4735
I got it at 8/9 weeks and then again at about 14 weeks and it turned out to be polyps and no problems thereafeter once I knew. Hope you're okay :wv
dreamer Posts: 3941
Hope everything is ok WinterB2B.
moodle Posts: 124
I would ask for a scan. Unfortunately I heeded all advise when people said "oh if ur bleeding and dont have any cramps you are ok" in my case this was not so. I dont mean to scare you but I would ask for a scan. THe peace of mind is worth it.