Blood tests in St Vincents hospital??!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sugarsweet2000ie Posts: 345
Hi girls Just wondering if any of you can help me. I need to get blood tests done in St Vincents hospital next week and my Mum just informed me that you have to ring and book an appointment. It never used to be like that. Anyway I just wanted to know if anyone knew 1) If it took long to get an appointment? And 2) If you have to pay for it? Thanks a mill :lvs
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
Hiya Yeah, it's a fairly new set-up! You have to ring up (number is on website) and they schedule an appointment for you- I got onethe following day, but don't know if that's the normal waiting time. It's actually better, I think, because when you get there you don't have to wait as long. I've never been charged for the tests.
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Oh my God really? I'm a Private out patient in Vincents and they always tell me to go to my GP. Would I be able to get them done for free in the public hospital just by ringing up? Only reason I'm private might I add was the waiting list for public was 18 months and I couldn't afford to wait, it's not that we're flush with cash!!
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
Zumba- my GP doesn't do blood tests, but I still have to go to her to get referral for Vincents, so I am paying her and then travelling over to the hospital.