Bloods - How often?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bumpalicious Posts: 512
Girls, Following on from Mama Doras query on iron...could some of you just let me know how often you are getting blood taken? None has been taken from me in a while and i'm wondering is this OK? Thanks OB
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Got mine taken at first hospital visit at just under 14wks,got a blood count done on monday to check iron levels....I probably should get them more often as im O Negative,only found out on Monday
Sphynx Posts: 6795
So far just had one - around the 12 -week mark. Getting more done this week at 26 weeks. No idea after that.
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Oh I did have mine done in January just before my BFP confirmation,was just a check up with GP on hormone levels etc...maybe this doesnt really matter sorry :-8 :-8
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:3es95j31]I didn't realise that we got more done!! So far I've just had mine done at 12 weeks!![/color:3es95j31]
deem Posts: 710
I got mine done at first gyne appointment, and asked yesterday, they said that they dont usually check iron until around the 30 week mark. She only did mine yesterday cos i pushed her to do it. Just as well as gyne not looking for me to come back to see him until week 34. :eek
Bumpalicious Posts: 512
Hi girls, Thanks for all the replies, I feel better now as I haven't had any done since first gynae appt either, and I thought I might be the only one... Thanks for reassurance!