bloods

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CarrieD Posts: 460
Hi girls, Just wondering how often your bloods have been checked. I'm 17 weeks now and have only had bloods taken at the very beginning (5-6wks at initial doctor consultation) I had my 12 week scan all fine - and had my 1st appointment with consultant last week but he didn't take any bloods. was at my doctor on tuesday just gone as was getting violently sick.(ok now) Due back to my doctor at 20 weeks and then the consultant again at 24 weeks. Just wondering what ye're experience is - i would've thought that my bloods would have been checked again ? not sure
petunia Posts: 1626
I just had bloods taken at 10wks. got some results back at 14wks & some were not back yet.. Thats all I've had so far. Hope youre feeling better now!
sunnygirl Posts: 1876
I've only had bloods taken at 10 weeks. That's all so far!
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
i haven't had any taken. in the hospital for my first apt next week so i presume it;ll be then
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
I had the full blood count done at 12 weeks, then again at around 20 weeks I think. I had them done a few weeks ago as well, but that's only cos they were doing a glucose test on me and sent away a sample just because they had me pricked and said they might as well do everything at once.
CarrieD Posts: 460
thanks Girls - was just wondering cos i thought the consultant was going to take them aswell.
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I had mine done around 7.5 week & havent had any done since.
Marpat Posts: 1784
yeah on my first baby, I had them done at my first visit at 12 weeks. Then the only other time was the glucose testing later on in pregnancy. I will be having all my bloods done at 12 week mark this time too and wouldn't expect to have any more done in my pregancy unless the glucose test is required again.
love struck Posts: 1125
CarrieD Like Marpat on my LO I only had bloods done at my 1st appt at 16weeks.. I asked for a gluscose test when I was 30weeks I think so had to get bloods done for that.. Other than that didnt get them done again.. Dont think their should be a real need unless you think you may have low iron or something..
coconut Posts: 2183
i don't think u need them taken much unless u are RH negitive or u are getting the glucose test done!