Bloods

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Smurf Posts: 1447
Getting my bloods done on monday girls. I know that entails taking some blood for various tests but i'm a bit squeamish and just wondering how much actual blood they will take out of me. will it just be one of those little containers or a whole load of different ones!!! :eek Also do I need to know my husbands blood type.
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
hi hairymolly! when i got mine done, they took a little testtube for each hormone i was getting tested - 3 in total. but the tubes are only tiny and the blood is out in no time - just look away if you're squeamish, my top tip! best of luck with it, i felt a lot better once i knew the ball was rolling. you shouldn't need ur hubbies blood type, they'll probably just send him for semen analysis. good luck!
[quote:rfzyslz8]semen analysis[/quote:rfzyslz8] :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek he'll have a heart attack. why would he have to get that done?
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
oh god sorry hairy, i totally forgot u were preggars!!! :-8 don't mind me, i'm half asleep!! i thought u were going for fertility tests!!! HHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! i'm an eejit - good luck with ur bloods!!
bellabella Posts: 2750
Don't worry you will be fine pet xxxxxxxxxxxx
:yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :o0 thanks girls
mama sugar Posts: 1387
ha ha that gave me a good laugh as bella said you will be fine, why not ring the doc and find out what is involved do you need to know hubbies blood type and all that x
grumpy Posts: 1280
Just tell your hubby that anyway, just for the reaction!!! I don't like getting blood done either, so I looked away, but my dh was fascinated - yuck! I think I got 3 or 4 containers taken, I can't remember now. It doesn't take too long though. You'll only need to know your dh's blood if you're rhesus negative, otherwise, they factor into it a surprisingly small amount!