Bloody Fingal Co.Co

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Is anyone having the same hassle as we are with Fingal Co Co? We, and the majority of our estate by the looks it, have switched refuse services from them to Panda. I rang up Fingal to tell them we were no longer with them and could they collect thier bins, simple enough request. I was asked if all three bins (black, green and brown) were empty and within easy access, I said yes to all of that. Eight, going on nine weeks, later we still have six bins in our front garden and the garden is tiny so it looks really awful. Neighours on one side are still with Fingal, so they have the three bins (we live in terraced houses), neighbours on the other side also went with Panda even though the owners paid for the stickers for Fingal. Not sure if the tennants know realise the owners have paid up for the year of Fingal - mad eejits! So if you call over to our house, between three terraced houses there are [b:14x61479]15, yes 15 bins[/b:14x61479] O:| O:| >:o( >:o( I've lost count the amount of times I've rung Fingal to ask them to collect the bins. One woman told me they'd be collected within two weeks, that was the third call, when I rang back for the umpteenth time, I was told that no way would they be collected within two weeks and I shouldn't have been told that. Thier useless excuse is "we're low on resources and the collections are not done every day" I told the wonan how long we've been waiting and how embarressing it is to have so many bins between so many houses. I said that considering the majority of the estate have switched providers, would they not make a point of coming out to collect so many bins. She said all she can do it mark it Urgent - i'm not holding my breath! Hubby said that he'd take all three bins and dump them outside the Fingal Co Co offices. I said then we'd be done for littering but he said the bins belong to Fingal and they should deal with it! Any suggestions girls????
black pearl Posts: 3513
when we changed from fingal to greenstar, for €10 they took our three fingal bins from us cos we had loads of bins too, did you ask panda wud they take them from you> It's prob too late now, as you already have the bins, seeing as you moved from fingal im sure they dont give a shit about coming to collect the bins!
Trillian Posts: 1685
Get togther with the neighbours, get a trailer and leave them in the carpark of their main office. Perhaps with a bow on and a large card saying "With love from Daisychain's Street". The Panda suggestion is good though - my granny did that, although her private company offered it to begin with.
black pearl Posts: 3513
I agree with trillian, It would serve them right if you dump them outside their office, as your hubby said you cant be done for littering, as the items already belong to fingal. :o0
sharmon Posts: 437
We also switched to Panda almost a year ago & are also waiting to get our bins collected, still. AM sick ringing them & asking them to collect their bins, have given up hope at this stage.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Trilliann, I LOVE that suggestion!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0
allexcitednow Posts: 654
Oh yes!! PLEASE do that!! It make's me giggle just thinking about it!!!
watchthisspace Posts: 591
We switched and waited for ages for Fingal to collect bins! I called them and said I was bringing them to the dump if they didn't come that week. Just by chance a Fingal guy was on the green emptying the dog bins and DH asked him would he take them in his van and he did! So if you see any Fingal vans in the area just ask them, its worth a go :0)