Bloody Hotel!!! with Update

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsoriordan Posts: 846
Rant Alert!!!!!! Sick of this bloody hotel, have had nothing but hassle. Originally we called down and agreed we would have around 70 guests would pay the deposit on the day and pay the balance on day of the wedding. All was ok and booked hotel. Since then we have had continuous hassle from the events manager. On our 2 further visits we have to fill in the booking form TWICE again and were then told irregardless of our final numbers we would have to pay for 80 people. We never agreed to this. We were also then sent a letter asking for full payment (that has now been sorted). Then 3 weeks ago my BM called to organise a babysitter, and for 2 weeks solid she was told "I'll call you back tomorrow with an answer" She never received a call back and had to keep calling. I then emailed events manager, no reply!! Then I rang and was told I'd have an answer the following day. Still no repsonse almost an week later so sent email today and got this response "Sorry for the delay we are just trying to firm up as we have some other in house guests looking for babysitters that night also. I will be in touch shortly..." I replied saying that this really wasn't satisfactory and have gotten a half arse apology with some bitchyness included!!! Going out of my mind!
MrsTwit Posts: 842
That's absolutely ridiculous!! Can't believe a hotel would treat a customer like this...... a customer who has chosen them as the venue for their wedding!! That's unbelievable and just not good enough! >:o(
I really don't know what to do! I'm at a loss. Just so worried as to what is gonna go wrong next. I have no faith in them whatsoever. But am stuck with no other alternative with less than 3 weeks to go.
tgimp Posts: 57
Can you name and shame please?
pm'd you, don't think I'm allowed to in open forum
bling2010 Posts: 535
Sounds pretty bad to be honest very shoddy. I certainly wouldn't be happy with that kinda service. Maybe you should organise another meeting and go through all these little things with them. What hotel is it??
eagerbride2011 Posts: 242
can u pm me please as I'm curious as to if this is my venue! This is unacceptable I hop you make this very clear to them and emphasis the stress that this has put you under in the run up to the most important day of your life! Jesus these places make you laugh you think they were giving you the wedding for free or something! Im sure like us all you he paid a hell of a lot of money for this day!! GRRR i just dont understand this type of behaviour I really hope you get this all sorted as you so dont need that stress!! Let them have it thats what I say! >:o( >:o( >:o(
[quote="bling2010":2odwm0pd]Sounds pretty bad to be honest very shoddy. I certainly wouldn't be happy with that kinda service. Maybe you should organise another meeting and go through all these little things with them. What hotel is it??[/quote:2odwm0pd] Metting with them on Saturday. And she is supposed to be ringing me tomorrow, but i will believe it when I see it. And for wollies who are worried it's a hotel in Cork.
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
my god thats really bad form and unnessary stress so close to your wedding. Id give them a piece of my mind when u go in on saturday - tell them its not on etc.
HippyDippie Posts: 256
oh god that alot of extra stress and worry being put on. Can i ask if you having you have spoken about with the events manager in writing. If not definately get it done... they really shouldnt be changing things once you deposit has been paid. Check you terms and condtions and see what its says bout the 80 guests thing. The hotel should be treating you like a VIP not dodging your calls... the bridezilla needs to come out i think!!! >:o( >:o( hope it works out.