Blossimhill's birth story

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blossimhill Posts: 400
well girls he is here at last and here is our story, had to check into hospital on tue evening for induction on wed morning was pretty annoyed i had not gone myself O:| O:| O:| . So checked in around 6 and was taken in for all the usuall checks BP,temp and a tracing was brought to the ward and told the doc would see me at around 6 in the morning. So off to bed and awake most of the night was uncomfortable, excited and nervous >:o( >:o( . Went to toilet at 5.30 and would u believe it had a show >:o( was getting pains but not sure if it was constipation or contractions, went back to bed and nurse came around 5.45 to put me on tracer, tracer was in the supply room was on for about 30 min. Doc came in very cheerfull for that hr of the morning he was to administer the gel but decided to do an internal when i told him i had a show, he started laughting and told me to get to the labour ward as i was 5cm dilated and waters were about to break :o)ll :o)ll , collected my stuff on the way to the delivery suite and called my OH and told him to get a move on. On way to labour ward talking to nurse told her i wanted the epidural she advised me not to as it could slow things down so decided not to. Getting pains every 3 min doc broke my waters at 7am got petetine at 7.20 urge to push from about 7.45 was rough :o( he was born at 8.17 :lvs , was shocked when nurse and OH said it was a boy was so sure it was going to be a girl :ooh was no way dissapointed nurses cleaned him up and weighed him got a shock when they said he was 11lb but then again he was 12 days over, nurses had to bring him out to let the other nurses see him. His face was so fat he did not look like anybody, love is defenetly blind cos i cant see him being to big but all the nurses called him the toddler, his face is deflating everyday and he is getting cuter and cuter. :lvs :lvs Sorry lost track had used gas and air and nurses had just changed shifts the same mid-wife ended up delivering Alan that had delivered Eoghan exactly a year and 4 months ago she was much more relaxed this time *) . We were left for ages in the delivery suite and they brough us tea and toast it was lovely ended up getting ONE stitch :eek He was great all day but started playing up around 11 at night the nurses ended up taking him for the night he did not settle till about 2 for them, came home yesterday and he was great all day till 11o clock last night and he was unsettled till 3o clock he finally fell asleep at 3 in the bed and i did not nove him decided to let sleeping dogs lie i woke him at 8.20 to feed him and he was great since. Got to go got visitors
sherbetlemon Posts: 927
Many congrats blossimhill on the birth of baby Alan. Enjoy every second. x
under construction Posts: 3458
Oh my god that was quick in the end, 11lb baby on gas and air and one stitch !!! Wow you are some woman !!! Congratulations to you and your DH on the birth of your son, and to your other little boy on becoming a big brother. Thanks for sharing your story
naughtybutnice Posts: 1858
wow in total admiration of you and your birth here. Fair play to you glad it went so well for you. Welcome to the world baby Alan-enjoy.
S0phia Posts: 367
My god - well done! i'm delighted for you all and lovey name!
mrssunflower Posts: 3651
OMG an 11lb baby and no epi? you are a great bit of stuff I'd say he is just adorable? Well done again :xxx
dreamer Posts: 3941
[quote="under construction":2gm7no3y]Oh my god that was quick in the end, [b:2gm7no3y]11lb baby on gas and air and one stitch !!! Wow you are some woman !!! [/b:2gm7no3y] Congratulations to you and your DH on the birth of your son, and to your other little boy on becoming a big brother. Thanks for sharing your story[/quote:2gm7no3y] My sentiments exactly!! many congrats blossimhill!!! :o)ll
Sugababe* Posts: 988
Wow well done blossimhill! Delighted it went so well for you in the end.
whackywoman Posts: 1496
congrats enjoy Alan
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
[quote="under construction":1y3opod0]Oh my god that was quick in the end, 11lb baby on gas and air and one stitch !!! Wow you are some woman !!! [/quote:1y3opod0] And the winner of most amazing mom of the month is .........(drum roll please) Blossomhill!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I've been sitting here quietly freaking over labour and u have just sorted me out, thanks babes and well done again ur brilliant. Congrats to u, DH and DS1 and welcome baby Alan :o)ll :o)ll