Menu

BM Dresses Arrived: Gutted!!!!*update*

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

weddingdiva Posts: 1349
Hi So after all the customs and excise questions from last week, my dresses arrived today I paid 140 euro to the delivery man for the duty and vat. Thats grand. Couldn't wait to get them out of the box, but then I opened them up and could have started to cry, they are awful, I feel sick, I'm afraid to show them to my BM's they been asking me all week have they come yet, I'm dreading their faces when they see them. I paid 600 euro for 2 dresses and I hate them, they were really badly made, the colour is a little off. I think I'm going to have to go and buy new dresses, anyone any idea where I could go to get reasonably priced BM dresses in grey. or does anybody know anybody who could salvage the dresses I ordered online by changing them up or something, or even where you could rent dresses, Anything? please!!!!! :o( :o( :o( :o( :o(
mellowmood Posts: 433
Oh you poor thing! When's your wedding - can you send the back? Bride of Recession had recommended a dress alterations woman on her wedding report, maybe contact her. Is the material OK? you'll probably be able to salvage them if it's OK. Hope you get it sorted?
Jawl Posts: 8881
Where did you order them from?
The materials looks really cheap, I fell in love with the dresses online and what i received looks nothing like them, I'm not sure if I can return them, there is a very strange shipping policy, it will be 100 euro to ship them anyway, and I dont want to waste anymore money on them. the weddings not till october so I'll get it sorted its just 600 euro between shipping and customs down the drain. I'm gutted!!!! Dont have that money to throw away, I'm even afraid to tell the OH. And my little sister was dying to wear the dress I dont know if I should show them to them and see what they think or just say they never arrived and hide them and that we have to go and buy different ones. My advice do not buy dresses from 1stdresses.com
mellowmood Posts: 433
Show they to your bridesmaids, they might have an idea of what to do and you need a bit of support! I was just having a look at that website, they list what materials they use, so if they have used a cheaper alternative, you should be able to send it back. :action32
Thanks mellowmood I wish I was in a mellowmood right now, I think I'm having my first wedding hissy fit!!!!
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
Did you hear reviews of the website before you ordered from them? Just wondering if the reviews were good then maybe you would have some comeback with the website?? Like if they were a reputable company they might sort you out. Would you try one on and post it up here to get advice? They may not be that bad. €300 each is dear enough for an internet site so I think I would try to do something to alter them.
I tried to put one on because i thought like you said that it might look better on but they dont fit me, my BM's are size 6 and 8 and I'm a 10-12. The OH is home now I might just see what he thinks.
MrsMN2010 Posts: 267
I got my dresses from lightinthebox.com. very happy with them. Its a bit like ebay. You pick the ones with the best reviews. Sorry to hear about it! What colour did you go for?Did you get the samples fabrics sent out before you ordered?
winklefairy Posts: 907
You poor thing! I just had a look at the site too...it says "satisfaction or your money back"......have you contacted them and said you're not happy? I think you should show your bms - no reason not to - it's not your fault this has happened! Hope you can get this sorted :action32 :action32