BM dresses or colour scheme?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

candypants Posts: 8575
Hey girls, Quick question as im at a stand still for plans. Have not until after xmas got the funds to buy BM dresses but wanted to do little things like invites in that now. So, have youz just picked a colour and bought dresses later (hoping to get that colour), or bought dresses first then match everything with them?
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
i knew my colour from the very start so i looked for purple dresses and also looked for purple type invites. maybe if you do a very generic colour and then decide after xmas what type/colour dresses you want? any idea what colour you might like in the dresses? i have been to many weddings over the years and honestly cannot remember ANY of the invites and whether or not they matched the BM dresses!! and the purple in my invites isnt the same purple in the dresses! but we're making the invites ourselves and we love them! and i firmly believe no=one will remember what the invite looked like! go with whats cheapest and easiest and dont fret about it! enjoy making the invites!!x
candypants Posts: 8575
Want purple also, but afraid to go ahead with invites then find it hard to get purple dresses to suit BM. Oh this wedding malark aint easy :o0
Starbar2010 Posts: 1261
I made my invites and thank you cards about 3 months ago, I knew I wanted a deep red colour so was quite happy to do it backwards so to speak. Most desginers do their dresses in lots of colours so it shouldnt be too hard. It boils down to whether or not you want to chose the colour that the bridesmaids wear. I had no problem doing that because I was giving them 100% choice on the style of what they wanted
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
there are so many purple dresses out there at the moment, you are bound to find one that suits the BM!! i just bought mine today and there are loads purple in the shops! even if you go with a variation of purple, like lilac or something, it will all tie in. i say go for it!! make your invites in purple and commit to the colour!! then you will find a dress in the new year!!
trice0208 Posts: 600
i really didnt care what colour i had (knew i didnt want green that was all) but my bm picked a purple dress and i found fab blue shoes so that's how i got mine. I think if you have your heart set on purple go for it, just have a think are you going to have an accent colour that you'd like to tie into invitations etc?