BM Rant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
I have 2 fab BM's I really have, and want to sing their praises before I start to moan :wv The 3rd, (whom I never wanted to have, but that's another story!) is really annoying me. I've failed to contact her by phone, so sent her a text, all I require is a yes or no answer. Wedding stuff. 3 days gone by now, and no reply, I've sent the text again, just in case. Nada, nothing, frick all!! :eek :ooh She's been about as useful as a chocolate teapot anyway since day one, but as things are getting closer now, we're not at the 'wondering' stages anymore, we're at the 'time for definitive answer' stage. Gggrrrrrrrrr! Edited to say, she's not in any danger, we'd have heard, I just don't think this wedding is a priority for her at all. Don't get me wrong, don't expect it to be a priority, but if she wants to take part, you'd think an answer to a simple question wouldn't be beyond her? :innocent:
Synergy Posts: 2768
That's Shitty Jawl. Keep your cool though, there's nothing worse than being called a bridezilla, even when you did nothing wrong. Get one of your other bms to ring/text her she might be less lax with them.
Kittyboo Posts: 1591
[quote="Jawl":1dwddx1b]I have 2 fab BM's I really have, and want to sing their praises before I start to moan :wv The 3rd, (whom I never wanted to have, but that's another story!) is really annoying me. I've failed to contact her by phone, so sent her a text, all I require is a yes or no answer. Wedding stuff. 3 days gone by now, and no reply, I've sent the text again, just in case. Nada, nothing, frick all!! :eek :ooh She's been about as useful as a chocolate teapot anyway since day one, but as things are getting closer now, we're not at the 'wondering' stages anymore, we're at the 'time for definitive answer' stage. Gggrrrrrrrrr! Edited to say, she's not in any danger, we'd have heard, I just don't think this wedding is a priority for her at all. Don't get me wrong, don't expect it to be a priority, but if she wants to take part, you'd think an answer to a simple question wouldn't be beyond her? :innocent:[/quote:1dwddx1b] Could you not try and ring her? or as Synergy suggested get one of the other BM's to contact her?
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
I usually hate BM rants but in this case I agree with you. However I hate whenever anyone can't reply to simple text. Find it quite rude O:| O:|
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Like other others suggested, ring her. Don't rely on texts; people can always claim lack or credit or other lame excuses for not replying. If all else fails call to see her or get another BM to make contact. Hope it gets sorted soon.
Anahita Posts: 1161
She did ring her, that's why she texted her-that's how I read it anyway. Very annoying Jawl, nothing worse then chasing people around when you already have a list the lenght of your arm to complete. I would get another BM to ring her or if it's something you could possibly answer for her then do and tell her tough titty when she eventually gets in contact
Yes, I tried ringing her, which is why I had to just text. She replied last night. Maddening though when you have to wait that long. Disclaimer: I don't think they need to drop everything and be at my beck and call but a few days to reply to a simple yes/no answer is a bit rude.
Twirl Posts: 5598
Jawl, its something you are just going to have to get over unfortunately. You really do think people will be excited for you, happy for you and in general want to help out and some do but others just dont have the same thinking you do and they just dont put importance on the day they way you and others may. Just wait until she is getting married and i bet you she will understand then. Rant away here though thats what its for. All of us married wollies that have had BM issues know exactly what you are going through and believe me its really unnecessary stress and once the day is over you will ( honestly ) realise that. :wv
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
[quote:1whuc29v]Re: BM Rant Post by Jawl ยป 02 Oct 2011 11:06 Yes, I tried ringing her, which is why I had to just text. She replied last night. Maddening though when you have to wait that long. Disclaimer: I don't think they need to drop everything and be at my beck and call but a few days to reply to a simple yes/no answer is a bit rude.[/quote:1whuc29v] Glad she got back to you anyway. Better late than never I guess. It is rude to keep people waiting on an answer for anything. I hope she improves now.
[quote="Twirl":x1h7i3xx]Jawl, its something you are just going to have to get over unfortunately. You really do think people will be excited for you, happy for you and in general want to help out and some do but others just dont have the same thinking you do and they just dont put importance on the day they way you and others may. Just wait until she is getting married and i bet you she will understand then. Rant away here though thats what its for. All of us married wollies that have had BM issues know exactly what you are going through and believe me its really unnecessary stress and once the day is over you will ( honestly ) realise that. :wv[/quote:x1h7i3xx] Oh god yeah, I totally get that me needing the yes/no answer from her is not as important to her as it is to me. But you know how some people are permanently glued to their phone? She's one of them, so I knew it was just avoidance which made me rant. Sorted now though :o0