Boils in pregnancy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

andypandy28 Posts: 553
I can’t even believe I am writing this as it’s so embarrassing. Was on hols a few weeks ago and on return I noticed what looked like a small bite on the back of my knee cap, now it has turned into a lump the size of a golf ball which is very hard and under the skin. Because it’s on the joint it means it’s very painful to walk and I can hardly bend my leg. I think this is a boil, I have never had one before, but have googled it and that’s what is seems like, but it has no head on it. I can’t get an appointment with my Gp until Tuesday but am worried about how I will manage the pain in the mean time and will this affect my baby in anyway. Has anyone any advice they can give me on this as im desperate, looking after a toddler and being pregnant is hard enough without this. :o(
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
god you poor thing. I had one in early pregnancy and had to get antibiotics to treat it it was higher up my thigh near my bum check and was very sore. Doc said because immune system is lower in pregnancy you can get these boils. It wont harm your baby so dont worry about that. Maybe try chemist and ask them if they have anything to draw out the boil until you can get to gp . Sorry i dont have much advise for you i hope it eases for you.