Book for after baby arrives...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pumpernickle Posts: 206
So, I've read a few pregnancy books which were a great help but now I'm starting to think about what happens after baby arrives. Can any of you recommend a good book that deals with newborns / toddlers or maybe the first year???? thanks.
Shorti3 Posts: 404
when the PHN came to visit she brought me a book for the first year of your babies life and then at one of his check up's i got another one that goes right up to toddlers and health & safety around the house after baby starts walking and there is first aid at the back of the book.
Emme Posts: 4735
Based on what to expect when you're expecting I think I'll be buying the follow on for baby. Have you registered with eumon? You get a Mum to Be pack, I haven't collected mine yet but it's supposed to have lots of info in it. You get another free pack then at the end of your 9 months.
Emomc Posts: 2069
What about the book called the contented little baby (sounds lovely!)-can't rem name of female author but its very popular and will certainly be on my list
ellee Posts: 666
oh yes, my mum gave me the contented baby's first year for christmas. It's by gina ford and it seems really good. Lots of tips about how to settle the baby down and so on.
Pumpernickle Posts: 206
Excellent - thanks girls... :wv
djdee Posts: 2118
i bought "What to expect in the First Year" recently, and it is great, tells you everything. I read a bit every day so that I have an idea about what to be doing/not to be doing when babs is born. I would highly recommend it to all mums to be and to get studying while the weathers crap as we wont have time when babs arrives. :eek
BrideStuff.com Posts: 229
I'm reading the Baby Whisperer at the moment and it seems very good.I say "Seems" as I don't have a baby to practice on yet!But I'd recommmend it.Its got lots of tips for feeding, sleeping and activities with baby.
soon2bmomof3&4 Posts: 400
i found Save Our Sleep by Tizzie Hall excellent!