Book for dads

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Fur Posts: 131
Hi girls, Can anyone recommend a book that i could get for himself? He worries when i am sick or very tired etc, i tell him this is normal but i would like him to know what to expect over the next few months iykwim. Thanks
mumof2 Posts: 3864
I can tell you what one NOT to get - The blokes guide to Pregnancy - a load of ole crap and quite insulting to the guy as well.
pluto Posts: 3893
I got dh "From Lad to Dad", its kind of a lighthearted look at it from the dad's side, but is still really informative. It's actually a guy writing about his whole experience of his wife's pregnancy from ttc to the baby being born. It tells the guy what to expect at every stage, and tells him how is partner will be feeling at certain times, what she's going through, etc. Very good, coz sometimes I think dh thinks I'm exaggerating when I say how tired I am!
Fur Posts: 131
Thanks Madgie, you have been a great help :thnk
Chatty Gal Posts: 34
Have to agree bout From lad to Dad-my fiancee thinks its great-its written in a lighthearted way but very practical. He also enjoys reading my 'what to expect when your expecting' Hope that helps L
Anonymous Posts: 24542
As well as the guide-to-pregnancy type books, this one is a good read for dads to be: [img:lmik64zi]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41rBgm9-lCL._SS500_.jpg[/img:lmik64zi] It's not as corny as it sounds, honest!
pricilla Posts: 1564
[b:1zdv34nc]My Boys Can Swim![/b:1zdv34nc] It's a small little book, they could read it on a couple of trips to the jacks. Perfect :o0 [url:1zdv34nc]http://www.amazon.com/My-Boys-Can-Swim-Pregnancy/dp/0761521674/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-8680969-9778254?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194356440&sr=8-1[/url:1zdv34nc]
oirish Posts: 1541
please get the one Ditz put up !!!! I recommended it here as well a few weeks ago , I read it and so did dh it had me bawling - very good- tells dad what is going on and why exactly mummy is a crazzy hormonal wench today etc :o0
buzybumble Posts: 831
From lad to dad is excellent, we also bought Thats my baby it I had to choose I would go with from lad to dad.
mrscat Posts: 1082
That's my Baby is very good, plus its Irish and easy to relate to.