book recommendations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

verybusy Posts: 74
Does anyone have any recommendations for a book about pregnancy ..went to the local bookshop and there were tons ..way to many to choose from!
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
What to expect when your expecting is very good there is also another one i have seen on the threads being reccomended here i havent read it but i think its called the irish pregnancy bible. Im sure some one will correct me if its wrong or if you do a search you should find it.
TracyD Posts: 750
There's only two Irish books at the moment The Better Birth Book - Tracy Donegan The Irish Pregnancy Book - Peter Boylan Tracy
slinkyminx Posts: 650
I bought Your Pregnancy Bible & find it brilliant, especially the week-by-week guide to how your baby is developing & how your body is changing. It covers pretty much everything, right up to bringing baby home & your first weeks as a parent. I bought my copy on Amazon.co.uk as it worked out cheaper than in the shops here! :wv
verybusy Posts: 74
Thank you for your replys , I bought the pregnancy bible and am flicking through it now , seems very comprehensive.
brunette Posts: 234
I got Dr Peter Boylans book and its grand. However, he says in it if the dad reads the chapter for fathers they wont have to read the rest of the book! I couldnt believe it. If Im going through all these changes, and my life, and body, is been turned upside down I want my husband to know all about it. Its half his doing after all.
denverbrook Posts: 13
I absolutely loved Myleene Klass Baby diary....think it was called My Bump and Me. Bought it in Dunnes Stores. Great for a more lighthearted read if you're getting bogged down with all the medical jargon !!!