BOOK

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bellabella Posts: 2750
HI i just bought this book :Your Pregnancy Bible: The Experts' Guide to the Nine Months of Pregnancy and the First Weeks of Parenthood by: Anne Deans once i receive it ,i will let you all know what its like. Has anyone read it?
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Hi BellaBella. Ive got "What to expect when you are expecting" I find it very good. I would be really interested to hear about your book, post back when you get it. sg
Ivory Bride Posts: 111
I bought what to expect too and find it brilliant it is so usefull. I also bought the Irish Pregnancy book which is good too but wouldnt have as much info at what to expect.
Hi girls, yep no problem i will let you know how i get on with the book. What to expect, is one of the best books but my sisters have it and if i get a bfp i will borrow theirs.
nettie07 Posts: 293
Anbody read the book by gina ford called contented baby, i havent read it but it was recommended by a friend. I kinda feel i have lots of info on pregnancy better start reading up on baby knowledge, i was going to get the follow on book to what to expect. Any one got any suggestions.
Hopefully07 Posts: 2027
I went into Eason’s to buy a pregnancy book but I came out without anything…..as they just worried me more, I had nearly ever symptom for EVERYTHING that you could have had….so my advice is, my body knows best and will let me know everything…..and whatever it doesn’t, I’ll ask the doc…..might as well get my €50 worth of her! :lol:
Mrs Neadi* Posts: 1128
Ever see the episode of friends where Rachel breaks down because she had read up so much on pregnancy she forgot to study for after the baby comes??? that will be me I guarantee it :lol: I started reading - Your pregnancy, a week by week guide (or something like that last night) and I was stuck into it, couldn't put it down!!! Also got "getting pregnant" - those 2 were lent to me by a friend and I read, and still dip into for research "Taking charge of your fertility" but I found it awful technical!!
woonoo Posts: 78
The four I have: What to Expect is great but can be scary as it's full of what can go wrong. Week by Week has great graphics and info but is very American. Best I have read for being down to earth and hilariously funny at same time is A Rough Guide to Pregnancy, it's fab! Also, the Yummy Mummy's Survival Guide is brill for telling it all, warts and all. Don't read on bus, you WILL laugh out loud.
Hi girls, just wanted to let you know the book arrived and it is brill. Very interesting and plain language with lovely pictures.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Am going to get The Rough Guide next. Also saw "Pregnancy for Dummies" the other day. Anyone read that yet? Will have a pregancy library built up by Christmas at this stage!