Booked my hotel!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gidgie Posts: 31
Greetings all!! So excited - we paid our hotel deposit yesterday! Brooklodge for the 16th April 2011! I'm all excited - provisionally booked the church also! The wheels are now in motion!!!!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Congrats!!! Fasten your seatbelt because the time is going to absolutely fly!!!
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
Congrats gidgie!! :hyper: :hyper: we paid ours last week. All very exciting!! :o0 :o0 Hunting for a band next O-O
lcarrick Posts: 1639
congrats girls, trust me time will fly. i started with 24 months to go now i'm down to 4 :eek :eek its mental!!!!!
teddy1981 Posts: 69
Congrats gidgie! We just booked ours this day last week!! I'm looking into bands at the mo- its a headwreck! Enjoy the planning! I'm from near the Brooklodge- its a lovely place!!
Gidgie Posts: 31
Thanks girls!!! The anxiety beginning to creep in already!!!Going to start looking at the music next....this will be interesting...don't know where to begin!!!!
Wilma Flintstone Posts: 1262
Me too! Did ours yesterday for 9th July 2011 - 17 months to go!!!!! Have chosen a band so just waiting for them to come back to me so I can give them a deposit!
teddy1981 Posts: 69
Can I ask ye something? May be a stupid question! Is it completely vital for you to go hear a band live?? We just don't have the time, as my OH working ridiculous hours at the mo, bless his cotton socks! If their sound is good on their website/youtube etc and they have gotten good reviews in this forum, is that enough? Cheers
Jawl Posts: 8881
Congratulations, it's such a lovely time :) I have 22 months to go. Booked the hotel, then the church, and then it was the task of a band. So much choice, and wanted to pick the right one and I think I did. Went on feedback etc. Very happy with my choice. I've also now got my florist, videographer and photographer booked. And I'm in the middle of researching cars :o)ll These days I'm to be found most nights with my laptop, phone, wedding folder, notepad and pen :o0 Have a lovely time planning your wedding :)
MayBee Posts: 346
congrats O:o) have to second that the time will fly, our wedding is 3 months today :ooh teddy1981, regarding seeing a band live, i personally think that you really should if you can everyones opinions are different and what works for one couple might not be for you O:o)