Menu

Booking a priest outside own parish. Advice for Westmeath

Go to Legal & Religious

Cara Webster
New Wolly

Booking a priest outside own parish. Advice for Westmeath

Postby Cara Webster » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:07 am

Hi all, I'm looking for advice on how to book a church and priest. I'm from Cork but living in Dublin, H2B is from Dublin but we have chosen Glasson Country House Hotel, Westmeath as our venue.
Neither of us are particularly religious but I would very much like a church wedding so he has agreed :) We have no idea how to book the church/priest. Do we just call up the priest?
I heard the priest in the nearest church (Tubberclair) is a little bit forgetful and tends to ramble which is something we don't want if we can avoid it! How do you go about bringing in your own priest, we have one in mind?
Thanks in advance!

futuremrskelly
Mini Wolly

Re: Booking a priest outside own parish. Advice for Westmeat

Postby futuremrskelly » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:03 am

Hi Cara,

If you call the parish office where you intend on getting married you should be able to book your church then - You'll have to pay for the rent of it..
I'm getting married in my parish church but not having local priest. I just called the Parish office and booked it in and told them that another priest would be celebrating our mass.. they were fine with it.

MrsH-2018
New Wolly

Postby MrsH-2018 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:19 pm

Thanks very much for the advice. Do you know is it much hassle to get the release documents from your local parish?

futuremrskelly
Mini Wolly

Postby futuremrskelly » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 am

No worries.
I haven't actually requested the documents from my parish yet, but the priest advised to just give him a call and he will have them ready!
Just to let you know that your baptismal and confirmation certs need to be dated within 6 months of your wedding date for some reason!

Go to Legal & Religious