booking hens - sneaky or upfront

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
posting here cuz theres more traffic - O:o) just wondering whats the best way to book?? I'm going to book Whites in Wexford and i was wondering whether the best way to book is by booking the 10 or 11 rooms in one go or will they figure out its a hens and refuse it or will i just give everyone the details and tell them to book themselves??? thanks :wv
mrsjun08 Posts: 2299
Hi questionmonkey I'd say just give everyone the hotel details & tell them book themselves. That's what I did anyway coz where I'm going I dont know if they'd be too happy with Hen parties. Also saves you hassle if people pull out at the last minute you're not stuck paying a possible late cancellation fee on the room :wv
charlotteyork Posts: 1275
Yup, definitely agree with the other poster. You hear horror stories on here of people organising the hen and being caught to pay for drop outs. Not good!
MrsG2b Posts: 1458
If you try and book 10 rooms all together they will ask you if this is a hens party. Better off having people booking in groups unless the hotel is happy to have hen parties. They are generally not as wary of them as they are of stag dos... I am going to be upfront with my hotel and I am going to try and get some sort of discount for booking 10 + rooms but it is not always possible.
Bump *)
Bump *)